Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Back from Beats Music - And Confused. Help?

Back from Beats Music - And Confused. Help?

Hello,

Was with Spotify for about two years but switched to Beats Music due to their having a library and being prettier back in February. Got tired of bugs not getting fixed so I checked out Spotify and saw that the features I wanted had been added. So I'm back! But now I'm confused... Not sure if this is me misremembering or something new with the update but...

-Why can't I click a random song and make it offline without adding it to a playlist? One of the things I hated was having to make an "Old Music" or "Everything Else" playlist just for old stuff. Seems like the only way to do this is to make a whole album offline after it's all been "Saved." 

-Why does it seem like 100% of the time stuff saved on my iPhone transfers to being "saved" on the mac, but only 75% of the time, stuff "saved" on the mac is transferred to the iPhone? 

-Why can't I save entire playlists to "Your Music" instead of just being able to save certain individual albums?

-OH MAN can't I please move "Starred" and "Local Files" somewhere else or hide them!? They're both empty and taking up space!

-Why is it that the "Song" section of "Your Music" is in order of downloaded but albums and artists are alphabetical? 

-Is there a way to simply search for things in "Your Music?"

Thanks for everyone who responds to at least one of these questions. I appreciate it.

1 Reply

@ADeFrank wrote:

Hello,

Was with Spotify for about two years but switched to Beats Music due to their having a library and being prettier back in February. Got tired of bugs not getting fixed so I checked out Spotify and saw that the features I wanted had been added. So I'm back! But now I'm confused... Not sure if this is me misremembering or something new with the update but...

-Why can't I click a random song and make it offline without adding it to a playlist? One of the things I hated was having to make an "Old Music" or "Everything Else" playlist just for old stuff. Seems like the only way to do this is to make a whole album offline after it's all been "Saved." 

-Why does it seem like 100% of the time stuff saved on my iPhone transfers to being "saved" on the mac, but only 75% of the time, stuff "saved" on the mac is transferred to the iPhone? 

-Why can't I save entire playlists to "Your Music" instead of just being able to save certain individual albums?

-OH MAN can't I please move "Starred" and "Local Files" somewhere else or hide them!? They're both empty and taking up space!

-Why is it that the "Song" section of "Your Music" is in order of downloaded but albums and artists are alphabetical? 

-Is there a way to simply search for things in "Your Music?"

Thanks for everyone who responds to at least one of these questions. I appreciate it.

I've tried Beats also and I agree it's full of bugs -- plus the lack of a web player makes it useless.

Back on Spotify, it would be nice to have the option to make an individual song available offline (that is a feature available in the Beats iOS app).  I think this has been suggested in another "ideas" thread.  

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts