Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back Messages

Bring Back Messages

Dear Spotify, 

Please bring back the messages function. This feature was one of the best parts about Spotify. So oftern, there are songs that we would like to share with a friend (and not our whole feed). 

Thanks, 

A very concerned user

9 Replies

I have to agree - I want to personally share things, and not just with my followers on a whole. There's a whole lot to be desired in the desktop app, and functionality disconnect between that and the mobile app - podcasts only available via the phone app? Why?

You used to be able to see who followed playlists etc... and now not. Why? These were very cool social functions of the app and they are frustratingly gone. I just don't see why these would be stripped from it.

Non-answer from Spotify help: 

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us about the inbox feature. No worries, we'll look into this for you.
As part of ongoing efforts to improve Spotify’s overall features and functions, we’ve decided to remove our Inbox/Messages feature. 
We’ve got some more information about this over at our Community. Please do check it out and get involved in the discussion. We’d appreciate any feedback you’d like to submit there.
It’s still easy to share and chat about music from Spotify though! Check this out for other ways to get social. We’re always trying out innovative ways to use the app, so stay tuned for new sharing features in the future. 
If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.
If there’s anything else you need, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. We’re always here to lend a helping hand. 
All the best,

Julius

Spotify,

I don't see why removing the message feature improves Spotify in any way. It's fun to share songs with friends and I, along with the other members of the Spotify community, implore you to bring back this beloved feature. 

-Another concerned user 

Please bring it back!!! It was one of the only reasons i use it!

As a very annoyed user (and a Product Manager myself) who just can't wrap my head around why this useful and regularly-used feature would be removed, I just want a real answer as to why. 

Weird copywright issues that I can't fathom? An attempt to force people to share with entire feeds of people to increase music sharing reach? Results of some user surveys performed by a PM? If it was the latter, I suggest re-doing it. I can't imagine users really think removing this feature is a bonus.

Hi Spotify!

I agree and am personally pretty P.O.'d about this. PLEASE bring back this function. 

- Concerned User

I agree. I loved sending messages to my Spotify friends and I miss this function.

Sorry for trying to bring this thread back from the dead, but I am still missing this feature 6 years after it was killed, and would really appreciate a reconsideration

I have always wondered why you can't see who follows your playlists and why you can't message people on the app. It would be great to interact with your followers on the app that you don't have added elsewhere.

Suggested posts