Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

(iOS 13.3.1)

My Question or Issue

When I the user:

• On searching for an album 
  • On selecting an album cell

, Then I get presented with a loading elipsis indicator for a prolonged time period.

If the album songs appears (which it may not do so), then

When I the user:

• On selecting a song

, Then nothing occurs.

Thus therefore are two issues here:

• Exorbinant time taken to fetch specific album (+20secs vs <1sec for a top 10 fetch)
  • Failure to fetch song from fetched album

Notes:

• This issue is replicable on albums that appear prima facie to be less close to the relevant top charts: in this case a rare choral Kyrie in D minor.
  • I speculate that your backend services persistent these less frequented albums in systems that are expected to not be polled frequently: and subsequently hold a lower SLI, SLA, etc for these services: hence explaining for the delay in polling versus the speed on fetching to a top 10 track. 
  • However I am a premium customer with a vested interest in listening and particularly exploring remote regions of sonography: and would therefore highly appreciate the chance to listen to them.
  • Therefore if you could make a product decision to prioritise this for your premium customers, should the above be an issue related to SLI's, I would greatly appreciate it as I shouldn't have to listen to songs either cached locally on my device or popular music either.

Please allow me to upload a video where I select the Kyrie in D minor album and then attempt to get a song to play after it loads: which it doesn't do so. 

On a side note your error for suggesting a mp4 (of 1MB size) cannot be uploaded contradicts with the rest of the error message that highlights how mp4's with max 5MB can be used.

In the meantime I've uploaded two additional screenshots: one showing how 21 secs pass before the album loads and another showing how in the bottom floating active song cell does not play the supposed highlighted song in the album. 

Kind Regards,

Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 11.16.19.png
Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 11.19.20.png
Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 11.19.43.png
0 Replies

Suggested posts