Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bunched Up Letters in Lyrics

Solved!

Bunched Up Letters in Lyrics

• The spacing was different for the lyrics in the previous updates and recently this is what the letters in lyrics look like. Is this an update or a bug? 

289D8C22-EE7C-4B7E-A490-B7901CD4455C.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Daughtxr,

Thank you for your reply.

As @MafeG mentioned in the reply above - lyrics hasn't been officially released and it's still being tested out, so you can definitely find some differences in the way some lyrics look.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care! 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there @Daughtxr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you let us know which version of the app you have on the device/device this occurs on? Once we have this we'll take a closer look into this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hi @Jeremy,

The current version of the app is 8.6.74.1541

Hey @Daughtxr,

Thanks for your reply and this info.

Seems you're rocking with the latest version of the mobile app which is cool! We recommend you to always allow updates to happen, as Spotify supports only the latest versions of the app. Also on this way you won't be missing out on any new features or fixes.

We took another look at your screenshot, but we can't really see an issue with the way the Lyrics are visualized here. Could you explain your issue with it in a bit more detail? If you are generally unsatisfied with the layout of the Lyrics feature, then you can share your thoughts and valuable feedback by suggesting a new idea about how this could be changed in our Idea Exchange board. Beforehand, you can familiarize yourself with the guidelines for Idea submissions, so your suggestion gets approved.

It's also worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh. You could try this and see if it will shake things up, as there could be cache-related issues which are usually resolved with this action.

Hope this does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

097B4619-3C53-41E7-BAA1-AD000FD8BC1E.jpeg

Hey Kiril! Maybe this would help? Just wanted to know if the lyrics supposed to look like the ones in my original screenshot

Hi @Daughtxr,

Since the Lyrics feature is still being tested and hasn't been officially released, it's normal to find some differences in the way some lyrics look. 

We looked up the song Darjeeling and were able to see the lyrics displayed the same way as your first screenshot. However, they didn't present any kind of issue like not advancing or not being synced. Is it the same for you? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @MafeG, thanks for replying

Thankfully the song is in sync with the lyrics and behaving normally as it should.

So the lyrics in my first screenshot, that’s not how it would normally looked like right?

Marked as solution

Hi there @Daughtxr,

As @MafeG mentioned in the reply above - lyrics hasn't been officially released and it's still being tested out, so you can definitely find some differences in the way some lyrics look.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care! 

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts