Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can´t add any mp3 from my laptop to spotify AND spotify doesnt recognize iphone 5s anymore

Can´t add any mp3 from my laptop to spotify AND spotify doesnt recognize iphone 5s anymore

Since yetserday i figured spotify doesnt recognzie my ihpone 5s anymore. i tryied all, deleting the software on the macbook and reinstalled it, updated the app on my iphone. retsarted both etc.....
i am a bit afraid to delete the app on my iphone, as all the music is gone in case if dont figure out how to connect them both again!

also i figured that i cant add a mp3 file that i have on my macbook into spotify anymore....

any ideas?

thanks a lot!

EDIT: but i can see on my iphone-spotify that currently music is playing on my macbook. so they sort of must have a connection,right?

1 Reply

Hey there! I had the same problem but actually found the answer on this forum. Spotify will recognize your device, it just doesn't show it anymore. That tab for "Devices" in the left hand column is gone. As long as your computer and your device on the same wifi network, and you have both the apps open, just click the "Available Offline" button in the app on your phone and the phone will start syncing with any files it needs to download for music from your computer. I was having this same issue with my Taylor Swift (I'm not ashamed) playlist, and I got all the music back.

Suggested posts