Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Sync music

Please somebody can help me.spotfy dont sync music offline,i have 16gb in my phone and i tried a lot of times reinstalate the app but i couldnt solve the problem....sorry for my bad english,i'm brasilian and i cant write english very good ;/ help me ...

• Casual Listener
  • Please somebody can help me.spotfy dont sync music offline,i have 16gb in my phone and i tried a lot of times reinstalate the app but i couldnt solve the problem....sorry for my bad english,i'm brasi...
  • iBurnin
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Crackling noise during songs & use of equalizer

Hey,I can hear a bit of crackling noise when I listen to songs which occurs mainly when vocals or guitars reach a high pitch. Sometimes guitars sound distorted. I tried a re-install of the app already - to no avail. Songs are synced in "extreme" qual...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I can hear a bit of crackling noise when I listen to songs which occurs mainly when vocals or guitars reach a high pitch. Sometimes guitars sound distorted. I tried a re-install of the app al...
  • Jannis777
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Student

Currently a very unhappy customer !!! I have been going back and forth with both Spotify and iTunes for months. Not only is it IMPOSSIBLE to find a way to contact Spotify support via their webpage, the last time I did NO ONE responded. My Spotify Cas...

• Currently a very unhappy customer !!!   I have been going back and forth with both Spotify and iTunes for months. Not only is it IMPOSSIBLE to find a way to contact Spotify support via their...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium User - Still no syncing of Offline Files?!

I've been a Premium user for over a year now and I still can't sync my own Local files to my iPhone ios8? I have Spotify on same account on both, same network.. Open Spotify on iMac, open on iPhone iPhone shows on "Devices" either connected with cabl...

• Regular
  • I've been a Premium user for over a year now and I still can't sync my own Local files to my iPhone ios8?   I have Spotify on same account on both, same network..   Open Spotify on ...
  • paulc07
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Payed for premium but won't work

Hi I have just brought the premium version but is not working ive logged out and logged back in and felted the app and reinstalled it and still nothing.any help would be great.

• Hi I have just brought the premium version but is not working ive logged out and logged back in and felted the app and reinstalled it and still nothing.any help would be great.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete Song from any playlist - Remove song from any playlist

ALL I want to know is how - in simple terms - to delete ANY song from ANY playlist. Tell me please where to find and how to execute that action on each 'style' of Spotify....(MAC/iOS)

• Music Fan
  • ALL I want to know is how - in simple terms - to delete ANY song from ANY playlist.  Tell me please where to find and how to execute that action on each 'style' of Spotify....(MAC/iOS)
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have recently updated to 2.4.0.1822 (premium) and having problems with offline playback.

I have recently updated to 2.4.0.1822 (premium) and having problems with offline playback. Firstly when I updated the app I had to re-download all the offline songs (pain). Then I found that most of them won't play offline. This was painful as I was ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently updated to 2.4.0.1822 (premium) and having problems with offline playback. Firstly when I updated the app I had to re-download all the offline songs (pain). Then I found that most of ...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Disappearing saved music and downloads

Hello! I am new to Spotify and I am a premium subscriber. For the first week everything worked fine. Now every album or song that I save disappears from my music after about 10 minutes even if I save it for offline listening. I figured out that if I ...

• Roadie
  • Hello!  I am new to Spotify and I am a premium subscriber.  For the first week everything worked fine.  Now every album or song that I save disappears from my music after about 10 minu...
  • mendomaid
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Just how big does the iOS app cache get?

Hello, the cache used to max out for me at 1gb (maybe about a year ago). Every now and then it would need to be deleted to get all the space back, but it was ok. Now I have a 6 plus 128GB. I have never saved a single track for offline playback on thi...

• Hello, the cache used to max out for me at 1gb (maybe about a year ago). Every now and then it would need to be deleted to get all the space back, but it was ok. Now I have a 6 plus 128GB. I have n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist disappeared and songs stop in tje middle

I need your help. This morning, from one minute to another, my playlist dissappeared from the application in my iPhone. Also, the songs stop in the middle, and I can't restart them, I have to jump to the next, which also stop after some seconds. They...

• I need your help. This morning, from one minute to another, my playlist dissappeared from the application in my iPhone. Also, the songs stop in the middle, and I can't restart them, I have to jump ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline on Multiple Devices

New to Spotify. If I suscribe to Premium I see I can download playlists and can use multiple devices. So my question is this -- can I sync different playlists to my iPhone than I do to my iPad? Or once I sync does it send everything to each device?

• New to Spotify.  If I suscribe to Premium I see I can download playlists and can use multiple devices.  So my question is this -- can I sync different playlists to my iPhone than I do to my...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

issues saving new music to spotify on iphone

Hey everyone, Just wondering if it is just me that has this issue. From about 2 weeks back every album or song i save on spotify saves for the little while I have it open. After I close it and come back to it the albums or songs disappear. I tried re...

• Hey everyone,   Just wondering if it is just me that has this issue. From about 2 weeks back every album or song i save on spotify saves for the little while I have it open. After I close it...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sincronizar musicas

I will speak in portuguese ok? Nao consigo sincronizar minhas musicas para offline,tenho a conta premium e um tempo atras ainda conseguia mais agora nao esta dando mais,oProblemaé q nao atualizei meu iphone para ios8?

• Casual Listener
  • I will speak in portuguese ok? Nao consigo sincronizar minhas musicas para offline,tenho a conta premium e um tempo atras ainda conseguia mais agora nao esta dando mais,o Problemaé q nao atualizei m...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify automatically change playlists after commercials?

I'll be listening to one of my playlists, a couple of commercials will play, and then one of Spotify's curated playlists will start playing. It's NOT music I want to be listening to. It's especially frustrating when I'm working out. The last thing I ...

• Visitor
  • I'll be listening to one of my playlists, a couple of commercials will play, and then one of Spotify's curated playlists will start playing. It's NOT music I want to be listening to. It's especially ...
  • Drummerz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stuck on lock screen (iPhone 6/iOS 8.1.3)

Hi all, first time poster, long time Spotifyer. So I came across an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone 6 running 8.1.3 where if I remove the earphones or pause the music at the lock screen or even in the app itself, that it will stay on the lock...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, first time poster, long time Spotifyer. So I came across an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone 6 running 8.1.3 where if I remove the earphones or pause the music at the lock screen ...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playing but no sound

I'm using the latest version of Spotify on the latest iOS update for my iphone 4. When I select a track it plays fine, but chances are the next track that comes on will play with no volume. If it's not the second track it's only a matter of time befo...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using the latest version of Spotify on the latest iOS update for my iphone 4.   When I select a track it plays fine, but chances are the next track that comes on will play with no volume...
  • Blackmage2v
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't find local files

I have sent some music to my iPhone, and the phone is regognizing it - bur Spotify isn't. Spotify says that I have no local files, though the phone can play it. How do I make Spotify recognize my locla files?

• I have sent some music to my iPhone, and the phone is regognizing it - bur Spotify isn't. Spotify says that I have no local files, though the phone can play it. How do I make Spotify recognize my loc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not Recognize my device - iPhone 5

Spotify does not seem to recognize my device at all. I am on a university wifi so that may be the issue? What I have tried: My firewall accepts spotify Using hotspot using ifunbox to just stick the files in re-install both spotify on my mac and on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify does not seem to recognize my device at all. I am on a university wifi so that may be the issue?   What I have tried: My firewall accepts spotify Using hotspot using ifunbox ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How the hell do you get Spotify to play on your desktop again?

I never can remember which is which "play here or continue" (they really should replace continue with the word desktop) and I clicked the wrong one now I cant get my desktop Spotify to play with sound. Ive turned off the app on my Iphone and closed a...

• Roadie
  • I never can remember which is which "play here or continue" (they really should replace continue with the word desktop) and I clicked the wrong one now I cant get my desktop Spotify to play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes