Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Highlighted

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

ordobey

So I open up the Spotify app and I can see my sonos devices there waiting to be connected to. I click on them to connect and it says connecting, but then nothing.

This is the same on my iOS app.

They are clearly there but just won't connect.

Strangely when I go through the Sonos desktop app I can paly things from spotify there without problem.

Help!

169 Replies

Re: Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

willgr
Same problem here. I can connect to my old ZP80, but not to my ZP100... works fine via the Sonos iOS app though.

gingeylang
Same for me with the Spotify android app. It worked fine when I started using it for the first time yesterday (I'd been going through Sonos up to that point), but now it's not functioning

Miggyluv
Regular

Has anyone found a solution for this? I just switched from Apple Music to Spotify just for this functionality. But it's not working. :-(

paulust2002
Casual Listener

Turning my vpn off and on worked for me, never had a problem previously though.

If not, check you're connected to the same wireless network. For example, if your router broadcasts two different signals

smookiah
Casual Listener

I have the same problem, I can see my sonos speakers from my Android app but when I click connect it is saying "Connecting device" but nothing happens.

If anyone has solved this problem please let me know...

Hookerflyhalf

I have the same issue.  I've been playing through my Sonos speaker over four months and just lost connection yesterday.  When I try to reconnect, it sees the the device through Spotify Connect but will not connect.  I can connect to Spotify through the Sonos app but it is very difficult to play the same music as the Sonos app is not nearly as intuitive as the Spotify music app.  Very irritating!

jvo05

I have the same problem on andoid.  It was working fine from the spotify app on my andoid, then it quit.  I could not get it to reconnect, even though it still says they are available.  It works on my computer through the Sonos app, but not on my PC's Spotify app either.

Golbstar
I have exactly the same issue.
Is there a fix?
Spotify can see Sonos devices but they are greyed out and can't connect.

paulust2002
Casual Listener
Seems not. It just seems to lock every day so I get back from work and
takes 15 minutes to sort. Reconnect disconnect etc. Turning vpn off
sometimes works but still not guaranteed

##- Please type your reply aove this line -##
SUGGESTED POSTS