Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to Sonos speakers

Can't connect to Sonos speakers

Hi, recently experiencing an issue where I can't connect to my Sonos speakers via the Spotify App on my iPad. I have two groups of speakers in my kitchen and bedroom and niether will connect from the Spotify App.

When I select either speaker group in the Spotify 'Connect to a device' menu the speaker message changes from 'Spotify Connect' to 'Connecting', but nothing happens. The message just reverts back after about 5 seconds to 'Spotify Connect' and 'Listening on - This iPad' is selected at the top of the menu. No errors or other messages..

I can play music to the speakers using the Sonos App from the same iPad and the Spotify App has previously worked for the last year or so, before this issue.

I have seen this issue on a few posts relating to Android users and the advise has been to upgrade the Spotify App, however having removed it and re-installed it, it looks like I'm using the most upto date version.

I'm a Spotify Premium customer in the UK.

Device

iPad mini (A1432)

Operating System

Spotify Version

Sonos Version

9.0 - Build 44.2.55050

Any advice or recomendations gratefuly received.

Thanks.

Spotify_Connect_Issue.JPG
1 Reply

Hi @MissMcDee,

sorry to hear that something that worked for a while now doesn't.

I suppose that the versions of your operating system and Sonos system are the most recent ones? (If not: try a upgrade and restart your systems.)

Did you try to disconnect the Sonos speakers from your wifi and restart them?

Maybe the Sonos support page will give some helpful info.

Good luck, and  keep in touch if you need more help.

Suggested posts