Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify won’t play any playlists.

I’ve been trying to play my playlists (on mobile), but whenever I try to open them, a “Couldn’t open link” message appears. This also happens when I try to play playlists created by Spotify. I tried logging out, deleting the app, and restarting my ph...

• Casual Listener
  • I’ve been trying to play my playlists (on mobile), but whenever I try to open them, a “Couldn’t open link” message appears. This also happens when I try to play playlists created by Spotify. I tried ...
  • _Kaleidoscope_
  • Casual Listener
  • 36 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 23 likes

Spotify takes all the space on iphone

I am using Spotify Premium and since I buyed the subscription it drives me crazy on my iphone.I conntacted support many times but they can't help me. I saw similar topics on this forum even from 2012! The case is Spotify takes all the space. I am a p...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using Spotify Premium and since I buyed the subscription it drives me crazy on my iphone. I conntacted support many times but they can't help me.   I saw similar topics on this forum eve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! We're sorry, but this version of Spotify doesn't support CarPlay

So I was just driving along the road in my car which supports Apple CarPlay. My Spotify was working completely fine, and then completely out of the blue (no updates or anything) my Spotify stops working and when I click on the part that says "Spotify...

• Music Fan
  • So I was just driving along the road in my car which supports Apple CarPlay. My Spotify was working completely fine, and then completely out of the blue (no updates or anything) my Spotify stops work...
  • JamieBFC
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Car Play
    Connect
    iOS
    music
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily mix

PlanPremiumIsrael Device(iPhone 7Operating System(iOS 10 and up Stopped receiving daily mixes after the 6th one..?? Why is that?Thanks

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Israel    Device (iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 10 and up   Stopped receiving daily mixes after the 6th one..?? Why is that? Thanks  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"WE ADDED" feature on playlists

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or IssueHow can I disble the playlist feature where Spotify "added" songs to my playlists. I tried skipping them, but since I have the free version I can only skip a certian amounts...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue How can I disble the playlist feature where Spotify "added" songs to my playlists. I tried s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

All my Playlists don’t work!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Netherlands Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  
  • OliviaSS
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I am getting an error message on my phone

https://screencast.com/t/qWDALTY3Ljpt I am getting the above message on my iPhone X when I try to play any playlist.

• https://screencast.com/t/qWDALTY3Ljpt   I am getting the above message on my iPhone X when I try to play any playlist.
  • OliviaSS
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists won’t play

My Question or IssueI was going to listen to my playlist on my iPhone but when I tried to play the music a message popped up saying it can’t let me listen to the playlist on this device I then discovered it wasn’t just that playlist it is just playli...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I was going to listen to my playlist on my iPhone but when I tried to play the music a message popped up saying it can’t let me listen to the playlist on this device I then disc...
  • g-hk_8ljlbxva
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

SPOTIFY COULDN'T OPEN THIS LINK

UPDATE : MY SPOTIFY'S FIXED NOW! CHECK YOURSPlanFreeCountry USADeviceiphone 7+Operating Systemios 11.4My Question or Issue All i want to do is open my playlist, bu every time i try, i get this pop up. It says "Couldnt Open Link" and "Spotify cant ope...

• Casual Listener
  • UPDATE : MY SPOTIFY'S FIXED NOW! 🙂 CHECK YOURS Plan Free Country  USA Device iphone 7+ Operating System ios 11.4 My Question or Issue  All i want to do is open my playlist, bu ev...
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes

Spotify freezes every time i browse Top Chart 50

Every time i try to browse the chart (be it Global top 50 or any country top 50, you name it), the screen just turns black and freezes. It wont load. I tried to reinstall but it didnt help.

• Every time i try to browse the chart (be it Global top 50 or any country top 50, you name it), the screen just turns black and freezes. It wont load. I tried to reinstall but it didnt help.
  • andreags4
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Updates

Plan: Premium Device: iPhone 7 So i have an old spotify account and a new one (the one i use). My old one has the spotiy update with three pages on the bottom and the new interface. My new spotify has 5 things, old interface and has a hard time loadi...

•   Plan: Premium Device: iPhone 7   So i have an old spotify account and a new one (the one i use). My old one has the spotiy update with three pages on the bottom and the new interface. ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist won’t open

PlanFreeCountryEngland Operating SystemIphone 6s ios 11 My Question or Issue My playlists won’t open and everything time I try and open a playlist it say “Spotify cannot play this kind of link on this device”

• Plan Free Country England   Operating System Iphone 6s ios 11   My Question or Issue  My playlists won’t open and everything time I try and open a playlist it say “Spotify can...
  • 880kn-3koe_ae
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes

My Spotify won’t let me play anything of my playlists

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue Everytime I try to play something off a playlist is says Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device and I’ve never had this problem.

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  Everytime I try to play something off a playlist is says Spotify can’t open this t...
  • mw4_z9e9-fjyd
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 11 likes

couldn’t open link

DeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue I was playing my music until I went to my other playlist and when I wanted to play shuffle it said spotify can’t open this type of link on this type of device, does anyone know how to fix it?

•     Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  I was playing my music until I went to my other playlist and when I wanted to play shuffle it said spo...
  • b5-4m2181_yw8
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

problem accessing custom playlist

PlanFreeCountryusa Device(iPhone 5s)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue When I try to use any of my playlists I get this notification: “Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device”. This has never happened before and I have been usi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country usa   Device (iPhone 5s) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  When I try to use any of my playlists I get this notification: “Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify can’t open this type of link on this device

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceIPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or Issue Was able to open playlists yesterday but now I can’t open any of the playlists I’ve made or the Spotify curated ones

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device IPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue  Was able to open playlists yesterday but now I can’t open any of the playlists ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device- Playlist

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 11.4Spotify version 8.4.53.689 My Question or Issue Error message displays when I try to go into a playlist. Everything else works just fine though. Any suggestions?

• Plan Free Country  United States Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 11.4 Spotify version 8.4.53.689   My Question or Issue  Error message displays when I try to go into ...
  • x-_vkzz9rd37j
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify cannot open this type of link on this device

PlanFree/PremiumCountry United States Device(iPhone 7+)Operating System My Question or Issue How do I solve this? I would like to listen to my playlists soon.

• Plan Free/Premium Country  United States  Device (iPhone 7+) Operating System     My Question or Issue  How do I solve this? I would like to listen to my playlists ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t acsess playlist on Spotify app

Hello guys I was listening to my music as normal on my Spotify app but for some reason all of a sudden when I go to play a diffrent playlist that is saved it come up with saying ‘’Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device’’ I have a iPhone ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys  I was listening to my music as normal on my Spotify app but for some reason all of a sudden when I go to play a diffrent playlist that is saved it come up with saying ‘’Spotify can’...
  • 9-0_1l29v5ppi
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Bonjour j’ai un problème

Bonjour j’ai un problème quand je clique sur une playlist il y a un petit message qui s’affiche me disant que Spotify ne peut pas ouvrir ce type de lien sur mon appareil (iphone 6) c’est très embêtant...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour j’ai un problème quand je clique sur une playlist il y a un petit message qui s’affiche me disant que Spotify ne peut pas ouvrir ce type de lien sur mon appareil (iphone 6) c’est très embêtan...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes