Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

I do not have premium. Looks like there was an update to my spotify recently.

I have an iphone and I can no longer delete songs off of my playlists. I know that in the past, if you go into the playlist, there are three dots in the upper right hand corner. When I click on those three dots in the upper right hand corner, it no l...

• I have an iphone and I can no longer delete songs off of my playlists.  I know that in the past, if you go into the playlist, there are three dots in the upper right hand corner.  When I cl...
  • peachyblxss
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t see updated playlist picture

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceiPhone 6s PlusOperating SystemIOS 10 My Question or Issue So recently I’ve been trying to update my playlist pictures. As so when I remove and replace the previous picture, I check on my phone that the picture is not updated ...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device iPhone 6s Plus Operating System IOS 10   My Question or Issue  So recently I’ve been trying to update my playlist pictures. As so when I remove ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect iPhone Overheating Issue

PlanPremiumCountry UKDevice(iPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 11.4) My Question or Issue Following the recent iOS update to 11.4 I have noticed an issue with my iPhone 6s getting extremely warm when utilising the Spotify Connect feature, this is causing...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 11.4)   My Question or Issue  Following the recent iOS update to 11.4 I have noticed an issue with my iPhone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

UPDATE

PlanFreeCountryUSAPHONE: IPHONE 7 +Operating System(iOS 11 My Question or IssueTHE NEW UPDATE IT AWFUL!!! all my playlists play in order of songs when i want them to shuffle. adding albums to playlists is impossible and all you are trying to do is se...

• Plan Free Country USA PHONE: IPHONE 7 + Operating System (iOS 11   My Question or Issue THE NEW UPDATE IT AWFUL!!! all my playlists play in order of songs when i want them to shuffle. a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why won't my imported songs all load on my main playlist

On my Windows I've added a couple of local files and only one of them has loaded on my main playlist and it downloaded for offline. I added the rest to different playlists and on my Ipad it said there were no songs in them someone help!!

• On my Windows I've added a couple of local files and only one of them has loaded on my main playlist and it downloaded for offline. I added the rest to different playlists and on my Ipad it said ther...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Redesigned app

Yesterday Spotify held an event and showcased the new things they were working on.So when are they going to release the new app and the new free tier changes to everyone?

• Community Legend
  • Yesterday Spotify held an event and showcased the new things they were working on. So when are they going to release the new app and the new free tier changes to everyone?
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Why did the new mobile update get rid of most of my saved songs?

Spotify Username francescaxoxxoxPlanFreeCountry UKDeviceiPhone 7 plusOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueFirstly, I would like to mention that I have had to re-write this complaint three times because the website deleted it whenever I tried to po...

• Spotify Username  francescaxoxxox Plan Free Country  UK Device iPhone 7 plus Operating System iOS    My Question or Issue Firstly, I would like to mention that I have ...
  • _hpi6-wrxz4es
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Upgrade: Can’t find albums or much of anything?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceIPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Ever since the upgrade I am incredibly displeased having used this program for over four years and now having no access to the full gamut of my albums or artists (how I...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device IPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue    Ever since the upgrade I am incredibly displeased having used this program...
  • _hpi6-wrxz4es
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • long time User
    Music sorting
    upgrade
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files Appear On One Device, Not The Other

I’m having a bit of trouble with my local files transferred from my PC. On my Android, all my local files appear in a playlist exactly the way I expected and wanted them to come out. But on my apple device (iPad), local files aren’t even visible and ...

•   I’m having a bit of trouble with my local files transferred from my PC. On my Android, all my local files appear in a playlist exactly the way I expected and wanted them to come out. But on m...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music glitch on iPhone

Hi. In the past few days, as soon as I lock the screen on my phone, my music starts and stops by itself and skips songs. It’s like a ghost is running my Spotify. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, updated my phone and the software and it’s not h...

• Hi.  In the past few days, as soon as I lock the screen on my phone, my music starts and stops by itself and skips songs. It’s like a ghost is running my Spotify. I have deleted and reinstalled...
  • Dressg
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

I need help linking local files to iPhone from Mac.

PlanPremiumCountry USDevice(iPhone 8Operating System My Question or Issue I’ve done everything including same WiFi, downloading playlists, turning off firewalls, etc. My phone was able to download songs using this method about a year or two ago but n...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device (iPhone 8 Operating System   My Question or Issue  I’ve done everything including same WiFi, downloading playlists, turning off firewalls, etc....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Last song in queue

Whenever I add songs to queue, say I added 5, only 4 appear and the last one just doesn’t show. There is a space where it’s should be but I can’t tap on it or move it, the only way to see it or edit it is by moving a song under it or adding a new son...

• Whenever I add songs to queue, say I added 5, only 4 appear and the last one just doesn’t show. There is a space where it’s should be but I can’t tap on it or move it, the only way to see it or edit ...
  • amgordziej
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Música da playlist **bleep**

Ola galera uso o iPhone 7, e essa semana o Spotify começou a **bleep** as musicas, eu estava em uma playlist acabou a música e foi pra quarta música no liga da segunda..?? Me ajudem

• Ola galera uso o iPhone 7, e essa semana o Spotify começou a **bleep** as musicas, eu estava em uma playlist acabou a música e foi pra quarta música no liga da segunda..?? Me ajudem 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t open this type of link on this device

PlanFreeCountry United Kingdom DeviceiPhone 6Operating System(iOS 11 My Question or Issue spotify won’t let me open my playlists, every time i click on them it comes up with an error

• Plan Free Country  United Kingdom  Device iPhone 6 Operating System (iOS 11   My Question or Issue  spotify won’t let me open my playlists, every time i click on them it...
  • lolo_cat_lady
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 23 likes

logging in

A friend of mine has logged into her Facebook on my mobile and I can no longer access my account via Facebook. I have deleted her Facebook from my phone but it still keeps trying to connect to her Spotify, despite her not having one.

• A friend of mine has logged into her Facebook on my mobile and I can no longer access my account via Facebook. I have deleted her Facebook from my phone but it still keeps trying to connect to her Sp...
  • OliviaSS
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist syncing issue

PlanPremiumCountrycanada Device(iPhone 7 / new ipad / PC)Operating System(iOS 10,Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I started with a playlist on my iphone 7 and had download turned on and had about 300 songs on this playlist. i then used my ipad a...

• Plan Premium Country canada  Device (iPhone 7 / new ipad / PC) Operating System (iOS 10,Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I started with a playlist on my iphone 7 and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! download library

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceIphone SEOperating Systemios 9.3.3 My Question or Issue How do I download my library at one and once it is downloaded can it all be removed? I am travelling somewhere where I do not have an internet connection for 2 weeks and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Iphone SE Operating System ios 9.3.3   My Question or Issue   How do I download my library at one and once it is downloaded can it all be remov...
  • OliviaSS
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Carplay no longer works, cannot browse but can start on phone

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice iPhone 7+ w/ ios 11.4 My Question or Issue Carplay was fine this morning, but no longer works on my drive home. When I access spotify on the headunit, I get a "carplay is not available with this version of spotify", altho...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device   iPhone 7+ w/ ios 11.4   My Question or Issue  Carplay was fine this morning, but no longer works on my drive home. When I access spotif...
  • felipemarconcin
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

new update is messed up

So I'm honestly so mad right now because since this new update, I can't see my own profile, who I'm following, who's following me, can't search up people and click on their profile w/o it coming up with the "Spotify can't open this type of link on th...

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm honestly so mad right now because since this new update, I can't see my own profile, who I'm following, who's following me, can't search up people and click on their profile w/o it coming up w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t play any playlists.

I’ve been trying to play my playlists (on mobile), but whenever I try to open them, a “Couldn’t open link” message appears. This also happens when I try to play playlists created by Spotify. I tried logging out, deleting the app, and restarting my ph...

• Casual Listener
  • I’ve been trying to play my playlists (on mobile), but whenever I try to open them, a “Couldn’t open link” message appears. This also happens when I try to play playlists created by Spotify. I tried ...
  • _Kaleidoscope_
  • Casual Listener
  • 36 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 23 likes