Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

“Waiting to Download”... but it never does

PremiumDeviceiPadOperating Systemios 11 I have Premium but I’ve only had it for a couple of days. I tried to download my playlist but it keeps saying “waiting to download” and it never does. I have seen that several others are experiencing this probl...

• Premium Device iPad Operating System ios 11   I have Premium but I’ve only had it for a couple of days. I tried to download my playlist but it keeps saying “waiting to download” and it nev...
  • davidbowlin
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Make "save album" separate from "save song"!!

This idea has been posted many many times, yet still has not been resolved, even though it "has been resovled" by spotify... It is counter productive and unintuitive that when I click "save" on an album it automatically adds all the songs to my "song...

• This idea has been posted many many times, yet still has not been resolved, even though it "has been resovled" by spotify...   It is counter productive and unintuitive that when I click "save"...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify skips after 40 seconds to next/random songs on iPhone

HEADLINE: Spotify automatically skips to next song after 40 seconds. Plan:Premium trial Country:Netherlands Device:iPhone 6s OS:iOS 11.2 Issue:This is ruining my experience. I was considering paying the subscription fee after my trial is over but thi...

• Regular
  • ...ut in public, through my home WiFi or a through public WiFi. Same situation. - It doesn’t matter whether I have downloaded the song to my library or it’s being streamed. It still skips.   - It s...
  • Ecnu
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle doesn’t work now after the update

So now that they’ve done this update the “shuffle play” button doesn’t shuffle my songs, they all play in sequence now and I can’t figure out how to make them shuffle now... I’m a free user and have an Apple iPhone, HELP!

• So now that they’ve done this update the “shuffle play” button doesn’t shuffle my songs, they all play in sequence now and I can’t figure out how to make them shuffle now... I’m a free user and have ...
  • k4n6nat_-x2mg
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Shuffle play

Hi, I have premium account but still can't turn off shuffle play and trust me I tried everything..

IMG_5501.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have premium account but still can't turn off shuffle play and trust me I tried everything..     
  • 3mdp-st_g21wo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I NEED HELP

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 11) My Question or Issue Hello everyone, well, recently I deleted my Facebook account and my spotify premium was using facebook data to make my spotify premium work, and today I changed my...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 11)   My Question or Issue   Hello everyone, well, recently I deleted my Facebook account and m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone x user interface

PlanFreeCountryUSA DeviceiPhone xOperating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or Issue my user interface on my iphone x is completely different then how it normally on any other device, which i do not enjoy and would like to have the normal interface but don...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA  Device iPhone x Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue  my user interface on my iphone x is completely different then how it normally on...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Follow All button fails on facebook friend list

Plan PremiumCountry Argentina Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 10 Follow All button fails on facebook friend list

• Plan Premium Country Argentina   Device iPhone 6s   Operating System iOS 10     Follow All button fails on facebook friend list
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you view songs in your playlist?

PlanFreeCountryUS Device(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 11.4) My Question or Issue Before the update I could see all the songs in my playlist, now don't know how to view which songs are in my playlists.

• Plan Free Country US   Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 11.4)   My Question or Issue  Before the update I could see all the songs in my playlist, now don't know how t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can I use voice commands (through Siri) to control Spotify on my iPhone 6?

Austin is about to make it illegal to use my phone at all while driving. I'd like to be able to use voice commands to control Spotify while driving. Can I do this? Or is there an app that will help me do this? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Austin is about to make it illegal to use my phone at all while driving. I'd like to be able to use voice commands to control Spotify while driving. Can I do this? Or is there an app that will help m...
  • Tmanator04
  • 41 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify automatically adding songs to playlist

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue I'm making a playlist but there's two sections, one with "Songs you added" and the other with "Songs we added." I'm not sure if those songs Spotify automatically added are a...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  I'm making a playlist but there's two sections, one with "Songs you added" and the othe...
  • LukasRocks1021
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Windows 10 sincronization

Hello!I add new songs to my computer (windows 10) and now I want to put in my iphone. Since a few days, the sincronization between the both devices doesn't works. Is there any bug in the app again?Thank's!!Edgar

• Hello! I add new songs to my  computer (windows 10) and now I want to put in my iphone. Since a few days, the sincronization between the both devices doesn't works. Is there any bug in the app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Podcasts aren't updating

I am user in the US, have a premium account, and use primarily my iPhone to listen. My Question or Issue:Some daily podcasts I listen to, or twice-weekly (Up First, The Daily, etc...) that I KNOW are posted early in the morning do NOT update on Spoti...

• Music Fan
  • I am user in the US, have a premium account, and use primarily my iPhone to listen.    My Question or Issue: Some daily podcasts I listen to, or twice-weekly (Up First, The Daily, etc......
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Customization of playlists (cover and description box)

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 11.4 Hi - more often than not, if I stop/pause Spotify, for example when I get to work, when I open the app again to restart from where I was, there is no now playing screen so I'm unable to rest...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 11.4   Hi - more often than not, if I stop/pause Spotify, for example when I get to work, when I open the app again to...
  • Holty
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connection issues with sonos speakers

Most days I can play music no problem from the Spotify app but recently the Spotify app just won’t connect to any of my sonos speakers and I know there’s not a problem with them they play just fine when I use the sonos app the speakers show up on Spo...

• Most days I can play music no problem from the Spotify app but recently the Spotify app just won’t connect to any of my sonos speakers and I know there’s not a problem with them they play just fine w...
  • Ngin
  • Casual Listener
  • 28 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 14 likes

Battery drain in iPhone 8, 8.4.52.796

Good morning,Since the last update of Spotify, the battery runs out quickly, between 3 or 4 times faster.Thanks and regards.

• Good morning, Since the last update of Spotify, the battery runs out quickly, between 3 or 4 times faster. Thanks and regards. 
  • X_Frontil
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

iOS on Bluetooth Fails to Send Proper Track Metadata

iOS devices send incosnsistent Track metadata over bluetooth. I've tested an android device with this same A2DP sink and all the correct metadata consistently appeared. On iOS however, the first track streamed with all the correct track meta-data (Ar...

• Visitor
  • iOS devices send incosnsistent Track metadata over bluetooth. I've tested an android device with this same A2DP sink and all the correct metadata consistently appeared. On iOS however, the first trac...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • ios bluetooth bug
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Copy a playlist

I saw somewhere in the Community postings some directions on how to copy a playlist. I have searched multiple times, and now I can't find it. I don't remember the steps, and can't figure out any way to do it.Say your friend has a public playlist, and...

• Music Fan
  • ...ay to do it. Say your friend has a public playlist, and you would like to use it as a base, add some more of your own selections, delete a few items, etc, and then make it your own playlist. Or you f...
  • d_lxlwxg1-0gh
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

No notifications while listening to Spotify using iPhone and Apple Watch

PlanPremium Country USA DevicesiiPhone7plusApple Watch 3 Operating SystemiOiOS1.4 My Question or IssueI recently got the Apple Watch 3. When I run I listen to SpSpotifystreaming from my phone, not using the watch on cellular mode, also using BlBlueto...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country  USA   Devices iiPhone7plus Apple Watch 3   Operating System iOiOS1.4   My Question or Issue I recently got the Apple Watch 3.  When...
  • Moemoe6434
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone X + Gear S3 Frontier + Spotify App

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or Issue I have following problem, i recently bought Gear S3 Frontier to pair with my iPhone, I downloaded Spotify app on Gear S3, I have seen multiple videos on YouTube peop...

• Plan Premium Country  Poland Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue  I have following problem, i recently bought Gear S3 Frontier to pair with my iP...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes