Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11.31

My Question or Issue:

When listening to songs (streaming) on the spotify app, the volume seems to reduce itself about 1 second into the song.(seperate from phone volume settings).

This only happens while listening through the iPhone's speakers, not when using headphones.

This always occurs when one song leads into the next, and if i use the skip back button to skip back to the beginning of the song the volume will return to normal levels without any reduction after 1 second.
Gapless Playback: OFF
Crossfade: OFF
Sound check in iOS Settings: OFF
Equalizer settings in iOS and Spotify app: BOTH OFF
Audio Normalization: OFF

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend tinkering with the options you mentioned that are off and to upgrade to iOS 12, which is the latest version of iOS currently.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Sorry for the late reply,

I updated iOS and reinstalled the app, as well as restarting my phone and fiddling with settings, still have the problem.

Spotify: 8.4.74.328

iOS: 12.0 (updated from original post)

Suggested posts