Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login on app

Solved!

Can't login on app

I can login on my computer, but I can not login on my app. I don't know how I got logged out, but when I open spotify the login screen is my only option. I try logging in through facebook as usual, and I get a pop up message that "this app may post on our behalf, yada yada yada." and gives me the option to select "everyone" "friends" "only me" and so forth.

From here there is no option except "okay" in the upper right, so I click it. Then I get the error "You need to login using Facebook in order to continue" with the options "cancel" or "login" so I click login and I'm cycled back to the login page. 

I know I'm using the correct login because I've tried it on my phone and computer and I can access facebook just fine, and spotify on the computer. I just can't access spotify via the app. 

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I tried updating the app, and then deleting and reinstalling. Reinstalling gives me the option to start over loggin in my facebook credentials, but the same thing happens no matter how many times I try. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

I tried updating the app, and then deleting and reinstalling. Reinstalling gives me the option to start over loggin in my facebook credentials, but the same thing happens no matter how many times I try. 

Since this could be an issue on the facebook side, I'd just try logging on WITHOUT it.

You should be aware of your username and password for Spotify, so try to work around the login via Facebook and see if that works, then you'll at least know if it's facebook related or not.

Hi Admes- So you're having trouble logging into your mobile? Can you let us know exactly what kind of phone you have?

The log procedure can vary for Facebook users depending on their device. 

I'm having this problem too. I've changed my Facebook password but that didn't work, as well I uninstalled then reinstalled the app. Nothing worked I'm on an iPhone. 4gs. I'm logged into the site now but can't access the mobile app.

Hi Kdogg- Your account is fine on our end. Are you entering your Facebook email address as your username, along with your Facebook password?

The first thing I recommend making sure you've downloaded our latest iOS release which came out just this Wednesday. If you're still uanble to login after that reinstall, let me know exactly what error messages/ codes you receive. 

New user to spotify don't use Facebook login. Spotify stopped working so tried logging out then back in but can't log back in just stays on login screen. How do I get back in and when will the bug be fixed with regards to music just stopping? Thanks 

I'm having the same problem with my iPod Touch. It will only run iOS 4.2, so I downloaded the older version of Spotify -- several times -- but each time it refuses to let me log in. Either through Facebook or directly. When I hook it up via USB to my laptop, the application recognizes the iPod, but when I hit synch nothing happens. Spotify's menu shows only empty playlists -- no synching is happening and I can't get the mobile ap to respond to commands so that I can access settings or initiate a search. 

hey i got a problem with my app when i try to login with my facebook account, then it send me to a webpage but it say the page doesnt work and its not my internet problem because i can use it normally without spotify login so whats wrong 

Hi. Can you make sure you have the latest facebook app installed on your device then try again.

Whenever i open Spotify on my ipad, i don't even go to the log in screen. I go straight to a white screen with options on the side, but whatever i press, nothing opens and nothing happens. It's like the whole entire screen is frozen.

Hi, 

I have spotify premium on my computer.. and i downloaded the app on my iphone.. but when i go to log in it jsut says 'you've already used this username/ email' 

So i can't log into both my computer and ipod?

i only really want it on my ipod anyway because i use it everywhere... 

any suggestions?

Hi, a week ago I downloded the spotify app to my computer but it would not let me logg in so I decided to change the password and I got logged out from my phone and ipad and now thet I've tried to log back in in bock of them a sign apears and it says that there is already an acount with that user name and it won't let me go in what can I do?

I am a premium member from swizterland. I am currently in egypt. I am trying to login on my iphone from the spotify app it doesn't work. It says username or password incorrect but it works when I login on my computer. Please help. My username is samih.sawiris

Hi!

I have a very similar problem, I can log in on soptify.com but on my macbook app or my huawei app I can not log in, it says it does not recognize my password, I do not sign in with my facebook account, I sign in with my spotify username and password.

I have already tried changing my password several times and uninstalling, updating and reinstalling the app but the same error keeps showing.

I will be going to my phone company, hopefully they can help but if not I would really appreciate the assistance or a simple guide, since I can not find the resolution on the community for this issue.

Thank you!

Suggested posts