Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t pause podcast with Bluetooth while on a speed other than x1.0

Can’t pause podcast with Bluetooth while on a speed other than x1.0

I like to listen to podcasts on 1.5 speed. However I’m not able to ever pause them using any Bluetooth device. It always has to paused using my phone

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Iphone 8+

Operating System

(iOS 10.)

My Question or Issue

22 Replies

I’m having the same issue. 

Hey hey @Perron95 and @freshjedi!

Thanks for reaching out this sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and their models and OS version.

We'll be on the lookout for your answers and we'll see what we can suggest next.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Elena,

I tried your suggestions and they did not work. I have an iPhone SE (2019 version) with iOS 14.0.1. 

Same for me- but only when I got a new set of wireless earbuds. My old pair COULD, Tozo T6. But those were falling apart, and my new set, a pair of Raycons, no longer can. This is bizzare.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

@Travisplo, can you let us know if this only happens with those earbuds in particular or with any other devices connected via Bluetooth? We'd also like to confirm if you already tried running a clean reinstall with these steps. This is very thorough and can be helpful with many different issues.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Did the clean reinstall, nada. It is only with these earbuds that I cannot pause, my bluetooth speaker and my old earbuds could do it. But for some reason these new Raycon e55 Pro can't. Already spoke with Raycon, they don't know what could be wrong with it- did a factory reset of the earbuds and all as well.

Hey @Travisplo

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you send over a screen recording where we can take a better look at this issue? This will help us investigate further.

You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor or send a link to it. 

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

How would a screen recording help discover an issue with a third party bluetooth device? I'm not entirely sure what, exactly, you think you'd see.

It doesn't open up the drop-down, well, I suppose it would be "raise-up" menu for the playback speed instead of pausing, if that's what you were curious about. 

Hi @Travisplo,

Thanks for the reply.

Since this is an issue affecting only a portion of users and certain devices, we'd need to carry out a bit more troubleshooting in order to narrow down what could be causing it.

Can you try connecting your headphones to another device like a laptop or your friend's phone and check whether you can't pause there as well?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Just tested, and it definitely does work on a desktop version of Spotify on a laptop running Windows 10 at 2x speed.

Hey @Travisplo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you try logging in with a different account, to test if it's an account related issue? You can create a free test account or ask a friend/family member to log in with theirs.

We tried reproducing this on our end, however pausing works on all speeds on all platforms we tried.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Made a quick free test account, and nope, still cannot pause with earbuds when listening to a podcast at 2x speed.

It's not an account issue- and it only happens when using specific devices. So, it's probably an issue with the specific software/driver that Raycon's "The Performer Earbuds" have, that "Tozo T6 True Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth Headphones" and "AOMAIS Sport II Portable Bluetooth Speaker" don't have, when interacting with Spotify, under the specific circumstances of listening to a podcast at a non-standard speed and attempting to pause.

If you want to find the source of the issue, try looking into what differences that these earbuds have with the other devices I listed, and the accessory devices of other users.

Hi @Travisplo,

Thanks for the detailed troubleshooting you've ran.

Since this issue only occurs with a certain model of headphones, we'd recommend reaching out to the support team of the manufacturer, as they would be able to give you more info on what can be done in this situation.

We've passed this info on to the right team at Spotify, however we can't say for sure when or if this is going to be fixed.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions. 

AlexModerator

Thanks for passing it along. Already talked with the people at Raycon a bit, though when I noticed that it was an existing, if rare issue that already existed with Spotify, there wasn't much more to talk about, as it didn't seem likely to be an issue on their end.

I think this is the same issue as https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Bluetooth-Play-Pause-Button-Problems/m-p/5258263#M1...

It's interesting that only the single-tap play/pause is affected. The double-tap skip ahead/back and triple-tap volume up/down all work fine on any speed setting.

I have the Tonzo 6 and it doesn’t pause for me. When listening to music it will function like normal. When the podcast is paused a single tap will play but another tap will NOT pause the podcast. I think it has to do with the Spotify app. 

Hey @TTcorporate,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, can you share with us all the troubleshooting steps you already took? This way we can avoid repeating any steps.

On another note and just to check, is this happening with a different pair of wireless earbuds? It’ll help us isolate this behavior if you could check. You can ask for the earbuds of a relative or a friend to check.

Lastly, we'd recommend you to try logging out of your account > unpairing your headphones and phone > restarting your phone > logging back in and pairing your devices again. Let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I've completed all that steps and it still wouldn't pause on 1.2x speed. Every other functions work.

Hey @TTcorporate,

Thanks for confirming. Were you able to test this with another set of headphones. If yes, please let us know the make and model.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts