Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Issue playing filtered Liked Songs via Connect

0 Likes

Hey folks!

We've been receiving reports that the Search function stops responding when Connect is in use. Tapping on a song search result doesn't do anything and the Now Playing view stops responding. This is being looked into.

We currently can't provide you with an exact timeframe in which a fix for this will be released but it's on our radar. As a workaround - try adding the song to the queue instead.

Keep us posted in case anything changes on your and we'll do the same 🙂
Many thanks!

Comments
CarlosE

Hey @x24j,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're afraid we don't have an exact timeline for when this will be fixed. Rest assured, we've forwarded all the info shared in this thread to the team in charge, who are currently looking into this. We'll keep you posted.

We appreciate your patience and we're sorry for any inconvenience. 

Take care.

aeou

Same issue here. I have been trying to play searched songs for a while and I can’t. Tried all the steps and the issue still happens on both my Ipad and phone.

okEric

Just wanted to chime and say I’m having this problem too. Have followed the clean install steps as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. No luck. I search for a song, see the result of the song I’d like to listen to and tapping on it does nothing. 

HelloKitty1234
Same with me, I can’t click on my
Liked songs. And When I ask Alexa to play my liked songs she replies and then nothing plays
CarlosE

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

@HelloKitty1234, can you try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us if the same happens with any other device?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

elaine_blath

I’ve been having the same issue for weeks.

On iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.3,

connecting to the internet via mobile internet, 4G/5G. 

Every time I search for a song and want to play, I need to restart Spotify. I am Premium user and expect a paid (and expensive) service to be more robust than that. 

MR345

Same problem here.  It has literally been MONTHS just on this thread with numerous people having the same issue.  Does Spotify intend to ever fix this?  Also, it is kind of irksome to suggest that users go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify every single time this BUG reoccurs.

Ickyboii

I also have this issue and have tried methods such as clean reinstall.

Edit: my friend told me I need Spotify premium. I usually use Spotify on desktop so I’m not familiar with mobile Spotify sorry.

ini_tials

Similar bug happened to me too. The app won't play any individual songs that I searched for but everything else like playlists seemed to work fine. Also the featured on section's playlists under the description and such doesn't work either and always says that the owner has made the playlist private or removed the playlist from Spotify. I've tried re-installing and restarting the app but neither has worked so far.

Elena

Hey hey @ini_tials!

Thanks for reaching out. 

We had issue with the app not plying search results on some devices, you can check it out here - is that only happening on your phone? Could you also let us know if the smae behavior occurs both on Wi-fi and on 3/4G?

We would appreciate it if you could send us screenshots of what you see when you try playing the playlists in the Featured on section, so that we'd be able to take a closer look.

Keep us in the loop here.