Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't remote my iPad's sound intensity in Spotify from my iPhone

Solved!

Can't remote my iPad's sound intensity in Spotify from my iPhone

I can remote everything from my iPhone while i listening Spotify for pc but i can not remote Spotify for iPad. Its working with pause, stop or change the songs or playlist but cant change the sound intensity. And also if i pause a song for a little time, im losing communication between devices (iPhone to iPad) and need to restart the Spotify.

Latest versions of Spotify used all devices.

iPhone 6s 64 gb (ios 11.2.6)

iPad air 16 gb (ios 11.2.6)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @aniloguz19

My best guess for why Spotify can't remotely control the volume of iOS devices is that Apple is limiting it so that it's not possible to do that. When developers make apps there are certain guidlines they have to follow. The way Spotify on the computer works, is that the app has it's own built in volume control. You can change the volume control in the bottom right corner of the computer app without actually changing the volume system wide on the computer. On iOS there is no app volume, it is only system wide volume control and I don't think there is an easy way for Spotify to change that remotely.

iOS devices will play music in the background from an app when you turn off the screen, but when you pause the playback, the device goes into full standby mode which will cut off the communicaiton. When the communication is cut off, there is no way to get it back without opening the app. This is something Apple controls with iOS and Spotify has no control over it. Apple does this to save battery life of the device so it's not constantly running in the background.

Hopefully this information was helpful. Really sorry there is no solution to these problems at the moment.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @aniloguz19

My best guess for why Spotify can't remotely control the volume of iOS devices is that Apple is limiting it so that it's not possible to do that. When developers make apps there are certain guidlines they have to follow. The way Spotify on the computer works, is that the app has it's own built in volume control. You can change the volume control in the bottom right corner of the computer app without actually changing the volume system wide on the computer. On iOS there is no app volume, it is only system wide volume control and I don't think there is an easy way for Spotify to change that remotely.

iOS devices will play music in the background from an app when you turn off the screen, but when you pause the playback, the device goes into full standby mode which will cut off the communicaiton. When the communication is cut off, there is no way to get it back without opening the app. This is something Apple controls with iOS and Spotify has no control over it. Apple does this to save battery life of the device so it's not constantly running in the background.

Hopefully this information was helpful. Really sorry there is no solution to these problems at the moment.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you so much for informing 🙂

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts