Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't search for playlists with premium subscription

Can't search for playlists with premium subscription

I'm using iOS version 0.9.3.212 with a premium subscription. My husband is using same version but with a free subscription. When he uses the search function, he has access to all of these playlists that other people have put together. I would love to have this feature but can't see ANYWHERE where I can do this on the premium version. Am I going crazy or has Spotify actually made this feature available to free but not paid subscribers. Thinking of cancelling my paid subscription just to get access to this feature!
6 Replies

Hello!

Strange, that is a feature you should have too. Could you post a screenshot when you search?
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Here it is... 

photo.PNG

Are you both using the same Spotify version? What is your iOS version?
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

I think the inclusion of playlists in search results is still only available to a small percentage of iphone users. The initial rollout started at the end of last year and I guess Spotify wants to make sure it works before everyone gets it. Last post I can find on this is here.

Hi Christoffer.. sorry for the delay responding.  Yes, both using same Spotify version (0.9.3.212) but different iOS - I'm on 7.0.2 (11A501).. not sure what he is on, but it will be an older one (which is why I thought it's strange that he appears to have a more updated version of the app than me).

Hi jwylot.. thanks for the reply.  How bizarre that they can roll it out to some users and not others, even though we are using an identical version.  Still.. it does seem to be the most feasable explanation at this point.  Thanks!

Suggested posts