Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

spotify keeps resetting on my ipad

I am trying to download Atlas by Rufus it only downloaded track 6 and the rest come up as red exclamation marks and when turnning download off and then on again it rests spotify. I have managed to download it onto my computer but when trying to sync ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to download Atlas by Rufus it only downloaded track 6 and the rest come  up as red exclamation marks and when turnning download off and then on again it rests spotify. I have managed...
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Transmission of track Info not working

So I updated the Spotify app on my IP4 a couple of week ago and I noticed, that track information won't sync anymore with my in-car headunit. I have the Iphone wired up to the headunit with an original Apple cable and this worked for the last year wi...

• Regular
  • So I updated the Spotify app on my IP4 a couple of week ago and I noticed, that track information won't sync anymore with my in-car headunit. I have the Iphone wired up to the headunit with an origin...
  • Flasher
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Display: I want to see artist and track name, not album cover

I am using Spotify Premium to listen to music on my iphone in off-line mode. Is there a way to show the artist and track name in full screen size so it's easier to read? Having the album art is not very helpful since many of the images have tiny text...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using Spotify Premium to listen to music on my iphone in off-line mode.   Is there a way to show the artist and track name in full screen size so it's easier to read? Having the album a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I got a new iPhone and spotify won't work.

I have premium spotify and it won't work on the new iPhone I just got... The songs will play on shuffle but not when I tap on them. Help!

• I have premium spotify and it won't work on the new iPhone I just got... The songs will play on shuffle but not when I tap on them. Help!
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync local files from computer to iPhone 5S fails !

Hi ! Spotify premium member. Windows 8 on my computer and iTunes for the music files / iPhone 5S. I made some mixed local files / online files playlists. It seems that the local files that doesn't synchronize on my phone doesn't exist in the Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi !   Spotify premium member. Windows 8 on my computer and iTunes for the music files / iPhone 5S. I made some mixed local files / online files playlists. It seems that the local files ...
  • Alexcalade
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I feel so stupid - how do you delete a radio station?

So I switched to spotify after Pandora started the 40 hour limit on mobile radio, and I've been liking it okay so far. But my radio stations have become so clogged with things I accidentally clicked to create radio stations and one I no longer want. ...

• Visitor
  • So I switched to spotify after Pandora started the 40 hour limit on mobile radio, and I've been liking it okay so far.  But my radio stations have become so clogged with things I accidentally cl...
  • Jatmog
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't access -Settings- on iPhone 4S

Since early this week when the update for iOS was released I now can't access my settings within the spotify app on my 4S. This means I can't use the play offline mode. The setting is there but since the update the currently playing or next up is min...

• Regular
  • Since early this week when the update for iOS was released I now can't access my settings within the spotify app on my 4S. This means I can't use the play offline mode. The setting is there but since...
  • PaulOS
  • Regular
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists Not Appearing

So for the longest time, Spotify on my iPod Touch 4g worked flawlessly! Now recently, only 2 playlists show, "Local" and "Starred". Not interested in them. I want to be able to actually listen to my playlists... I had synced every song on the majorit...

• Regular
  • So for the longest time, Spotify on my iPod Touch 4g worked flawlessly! Now recently, only 2 playlists show, "Local" and "Starred". Not interested in them.   I want to be able to actually li...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Offline Songs

I have multiple playlists available offline on my iphone 5S, however I wanted to check whether when I play these songs whether Spotify will recognise that they are available offline and play them as such, or whether it will automatically choose to pl...

• Regular
  • I have multiple playlists available offline on my iphone 5S, however I wanted to check whether when I play these songs whether Spotify will recognise that they are available offline and play the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What are Local Files?

I have got hundreds of songs available offline on my iphone 5s, however I have 36 songs in my 'Local Files' what does that actually mean?

• Regular
  • I have got hundreds of songs available offline on my iphone 5s, however I have 36 songs in my 'Local Files' what does that actually mean?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5 not showing in devices/ in windows 8

For some reason my iPhone 5 wont show in devices. Well, it show for a second and then it disappears again, and I can´t sync my playlists. I have tried all the solutions, a have been able to find on this site: Turned off my firewall = didn´t solve any...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason my iPhone 5 wont show in devices. Well, it show for a second and then it disappears again, and I can´t sync my playlists. I have tried all the solutions, a have been able to find ...
  • kerani
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

not finding app for spotify in app store

I'm obviously not too bright because I have been going to the app store from my Iphone 4s and do a search for "spotify". The search results only show "spotsearch for spotify". I cannot find the app itself. WTH am I doing wrong? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I'm obviously not too bright because I have been going to the app store from my Iphone 4s and do a search for "spotify". The search results only show "spotsearch for spotify".  I cannot fin...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing synced music on the Iphone

I do have an Iphone 5, all software is updated and I do have a Premium account.. For some of the playlists I use the offline mode and synced the songs on to the Iphone. However some tracks I cant listen to. It lloks like the track wont start playing ...

• Casual Listener
  • I do have an Iphone 5, all software is updated and I do have a Premium account.. For some of the playlists I use the offline mode and synced the songs on to the Iphone. However some tracks I cant l...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio not working or connecting to 4G / LTE network

Hi fellow Spotify users,I used to have this problem as well until someone showed me how to fix it. You don't have to Reset ALL settings, all you need to do is to reset your NETWORK SETTINGS - which happens to clear your wifi password as well but no b...

• Regular
  • Hi fellow Spotify users, I used to have this problem as well until someone showed me how to fix it. You don't have to Reset ALL settings, all you need to do is to reset your NETWORK SETTINGS - whi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iOS 7: Radio is not working

I have upgraded to ios7 on an Apple iphone 4 and have the latest Spotify mobile app. For the past two days, the radio function has stopped working. When I click on the radio, all I see is the top headline saying Radio, but the entire page is just a b...

• Casual Listener
  • I have upgraded to ios7 on an Apple iphone 4 and have the latest Spotify mobile app.  For the past two days, the radio function has stopped working.  When I click on the radio, all I see is...
  • VAL
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Play que problems

Hi. I'm on the iOS version of spotify. I have I really annoying problem. Every time I put a song on que it seems to play the song twice. It does not so it every time but it does it every now and then. I have the newest update of spotify and the probl...

• Hi. I'm on the iOS version of spotify. I have I really annoying problem. Every time I put a song on que it seems to play the song twice. It does not so it every time but it does it every now and then...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Managing Playlists on iPhones

I am a premium user. In the household there are three Spotify users with their own iphones, who all use the same accont. We can each create our own playlists on our MAC within the Spotify app. No problems there. My question is how do I get playlists ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user. In the household there are three Spotify users with their own iphones, who all use the same accont. We can each create our own playlists on our MAC within the Spotify app. N...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio not working on LTE

iPhone 5, updated os and app. Has never worked for me, works fine over wifi. Any way to fix this?

• Regular
  • iPhone 5, updated os and app.  Has never worked for me, works fine over wifi.  Any way to fix this?
  • VAL
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ipad - no playlists

Hy I use Spotify on my Powermac and Iphone and I am very happy with Spotify. Now I got the latest Ipad. I do not see any playlists. What should I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hy   I use Spotify on my Powermac and Iphone and I am very happy with Spotify. Now I got the latest Ipad. I do not see any playlists. What should I do?
  • wondercarpet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes