Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Pausing

Music Pausing

My iPhone app will play certain song for a short length of time, and then the music will stop for a couple of seconds, and then continue. This does not occur on my PC (SAMSUNG). Does anyone have any idea what causes this to happen on the iPhone, and how to solve it?

I have tried creating a new playlist and moved the music onto that, but the same problem occured. I also tried deleting the app and redownloading it, but nope, this did not solve the issue either. 

If anyone could suggest a solution to this problem, that would be great. I don't like thinking i'm paying a monthly subscription ofr a service which does not function correctly.

12 Replies

Is this music you have downloaded to your iphone or music you stream from Spotify?

I have streamed it from spotify and then i made it available offline

Do you get pauses when you stream music and when you play downloaded music or just when you play downloaded music?

I rarely stream music on my iPhone, I just listen to the stuff I have on my laptop, which is available offline to listen to on my iPhone without a wifi connection. This is the 'bad' music which keeps pausing, if that makes sense?

Got it, thanks 🙂

Could you try reinstalling spotify on your iphone. You'll need to resynch your music but it should fix the problem you're getting.

I've tried that, it didnt work 😞

hmmm.........hopefully @Peter__ who is an iphone expert will have some ideas. He should be along soon 🙂

Do you think @Peter will be able to help? 🙂

Can you just confirm your Spotify and iOS versions?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have spotify premium and IOS 7

Strange.

Does the same thing happen if you force offline mode in Settings > Playback > Offline Mode?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I tried restarting my phone and have just forced offline mode, it has not randomly paused and unpaused.., yet 🙂 

Suggested posts