Solved!

Re: Can't sync Local files to iPhone - "waiting to download"

Shiro666
Casual Listener

Deleted the app and downloaded again, worked on my ipad 2 ios 9.0.1 :D

harryfear
Casual Listener

Spotify, I have the same problem. This is totally unacceptable. Sort this out!

Callista
Casual Listener

I am also having this issue. 

If you leave the playlist open on your phone and have it set to "available offline" then click and start playing the playlist, it downloads as it plays the songs. 

Temporary fix and super annoying (given that some of my playlists I used to have on my phone are 10+ hours long..) 

Solution!

angelobencini
Casual Listener

Ok, found a solution!

I guess something is messed up with my wifi connection. I simply took my computer and my phone to my gf house and it worked over there... So it is just the wifi in my house =S

View solution in original post

zeerandeezy
Found a solution.

I uninstall the app and installed it again the thing with that is that you have to go under every playlist and re-sync the music but it worked .

Whys_Dis_Hard

Can't sync local files to my iphone. The local file's music are audiobook mp3 files that I imported to Spotify. They play fine on my Mac. They show up, but greyed out on my iphone. When I select them it says for me to sync and gives me instrcutions. I do the instructions and nothing improves. The files (which are in playlists) are stuck in "waiting to download" -- I have tried all of the instructions listen on Spotify's troubleshooting page. I have tried using my cell data. I have tried a different wifi connection. Firewalls, restarting, resetting, redownloading... yet nothing works. But, a good tip to note that all of the music already a part of spotify will download like normal. I can search for a song, add it to a playlist and select 'Available Offline" in that playlist and it will download for me to listen to even if I am no longer connected to the web. But NONE of my own songs that I have paid for before spotify was even in existence will sync this way. None of them.

There are 177 files that I am trying to sync to my iphone. I do not have more than 3,000 songs in my entire collection. No other playlist I have are in download/offline mode. I am a premium user and have been for a long while now.

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), 2.4 GHz processor, running on OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.5 as well as the iPhone 6s Plus on IOS 9.2.1 (7.9 GB of space left) -- I'm on AT&T network when using 4G Data and I'm on TWC Internet at home pulling 20-22 mbps download, 5-6 mbps upload.

I need this issue resolved with the quickness. I need to have those audios available. Thanks in advance.

powerfulandreal
What was the difference between those two networks? Any hint to why it would work on some and not others would be nice (like the GHz frequency or security differences?). I'm hoping it can work for me too. Thanks!
Solution!

Bob2617
I just went to settings in the Spotify app and clicked on playback then click offline. Then i just turned the offline back off and it started downloading my music again.

View solution in original post

GlennvanA

Came here after googling the same problem, your suggestion solved it for me!

stephon828

this is my situation exactly, please fix

SUGGESTED POSTS