Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t unhide song on iPhone/iPad but not hidden on desktop

Can’t unhide song on iPhone/iPad but not hidden on desktop

I didn’t hide the song “come and get it - Selena Gomez” on my Spotify but for some reason it’s now hidden on my iPhone and iPad. I have tried to unhide it multiple times but it doesn’t work however it is not hidden on my desktop app. Any ideas? I’ve deleted and redownloaded the Spotify app and logged out and back in multiple time. 

Plan

Premium

Country

England 

Device

iPhone 12 Plus / iPad 2020

Operating System

Most recent Apple download and Spotify app up to date 

My Question or Issue

0ACF5AD6-91B4-454B-BCB5-F9B01B8722EF.png
4 Replies

Hey there @emxfox

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Keep in mind that it's currently expected that it won't sync with the desktop app. Would you mind letting us know what exactly happens when you tap the red button? 

We'd also recommend performing a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same issue, but with Muse’s Supermassive Black Hole. I already tried to unlike the song, deleted it from the playlist, liked and added it again. I also logged off from Spotify on iPhone and logged back in, but the song is still hidden when I scroll Spotify on phone. Through computer’s web browser everything is fine.

Basically, I can find the unhide button on phone, but when I try to tap it the screen where you can manage the song (share it, like or unlike it, add it to different playlists…) just disappears and the song remains hidden. This is getting on my nerves so bad! I’d just want to listen to Spotify in my car through BT, but since some songs hide themselves on phone and decide to remain that way, I’m at a loss what I can do at this point. 😞

6A3A0F16-467E-4A3A-9DEE-F09935FF1349.png

Hey @iorionda,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try running a clean reinstall, following this Guide? Also, make sure that Show Unavailable Songs is toggled ON from your app settings.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for sharing this question.

iMessage on PC

Suggested posts