Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stopping randomly when listening offline on iPod

Similar issue. I listen to my music offline. Between a hour and 2 hours of listening the song will stop. I then have to load Spotify up again find the song which as mentioned has restarted. Then the next song will be the start of a random album on my...

• Regular
  • Similar issue.   I listen to my music offline. Between a hour and 2 hours of listening the song will stop.   I then have to load Spotify up again find the song which as mentioned ha...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

CarPlay Audio quality is forced to low - why?

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueWhen I listen to Spotify in my BMW on CarPlay I noticed that the audio quality setting is overwritten to low, and it's is impossible to change back to Very High, which I normally us...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue When I listen to Spotify in my BMW on CarPlay I noticed that the audio quality setting is overwritten to low,...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Carplay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Added Song Disappears

PremiumUS Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 14.1) I've always been able to reshuffle songs to different playlists while offline. Recently, however, I'm noticing that whatever reshuffling I did was not registered. Now I've lost some cool songs I've...

• Premium US   Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 14.1)   I've always been able to reshuffle songs to different playlists while offline. Recently, however, I'm noticing that what...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Searching and trying to play a song in my playlists when connected to Amazon Echo Show 5

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XS Max Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or Issue After searching for a song in my playlists, when connected to my Amazon echo devices using the “Listening On” feature, if and when I try to select that song to play...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone XS Max  Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue   After searching for a song in my playlists, when connected to my Amazon echo...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezing when connecting to Airpods

Hi all,I recently purchased some Airpods, and have run into some trouble when using them with Spotify. Whenever I start Spotify and connect the Airpods (taking them out the case) the App freezes for up to 10 seconds and I cannot play any music and ha...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi all, I recently purchased some Airpods, and have run into some trouble when using them with Spotify. Whenever I start Spotify and connect the Airpods (taking them out the case) the App fr...
  • BruceSangster
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not scrobbling to last.fm

PlanPremium Family (I'm the family 'Owner')CountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 11 Pro, MacBook Air 2018SIM ProviderThree UKOperating SystemiOS 14.4, MacOS 11.2 My Question or IssueSo I have what I believe is a super weird issue. I noticed a few months ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family (I'm the family 'Owner') Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 11 Pro, MacBook Air 2018 SIM Provider Three UK Operating System iOS 14.4, MacOS 11.2   My Question or...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Your Library] Bring back Artist page that Contains Saved Songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueAfter the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click the artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artist page wh...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click the artist in "Your Library" to fi...
  • horekuk
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 37 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 37 likes

Listening History On Mobile Devices

Is there any way to see my history of what I've played on iOS? Here's the dealio -- I'm in the car, listening, and a song comes up that I'd like to either thumbs up or down but, of course, I'm driving and can't do it (I'm a responsible driver). But w...

• Regular
  • Is there any way to see my history of what I've played on iOS?  Here's the dealio -- I'm in the car, listening, and a song comes up that I'd like to either thumbs up or down but, of course, I'm ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone/Mobile History

PlanPremium StudentCountry CanadaDeviceiPhone 6 My Question or Issue Previously i had access to my history on mobile only when using spotify premium, now after resubscribing i dont see the option to view the history. My history does not sync between ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Student Country  Canada Device iPhone 6  My Question or Issue   Previously i had access to my history on mobile only when using spotify premium, now a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How can you view play history?

PlanPremium DeviceIpad My Question or IssueHow can you view play history on an Ipad? And why does the back button often just repeat the last song? So annoying.

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium   Device Ipad   My Question or Issue How can you view play history on an Ipad? And why does the back button often just repeat the last song? So annoying. 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Earing Premium Spotify on Speakers with amplifier

HiHow can i ear Premium Spotify in a amplifier like Yamaha. What i saw it´s that top quality it´s not available, only in the phone or PC, Tablet.What can i do to ear a good quality sound with an apmlifier

• Hi How can i ear Premium Spotify in a amplifier like Yamaha. What i saw it´s that top quality it´s not available, only in the phone or PC, Tablet. What can i do to ear a good quality sound with an ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to view song history on iOS mobile devices

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 7Operating System: latest iOS 14.2Spotify Version: 8.5.86 My Question or IssuePlease bring back the clock icon that was removed from the upper right corner of the home screen so we can easily access our history...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 7 Operating System: latest iOS 14.2 Spotify Version: 8.5.86   My Question or Issue Please bring back the clock icon that...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing history between phone and desktop

I have Spotify Premium. And this past weekend I played a bunch of music from my iPhone while I was out of town. Now I'm back, and I'm on my computer, and I can't figure out what it is that I played. My "History" under "Play Queue" only shows tracks t...

• I have Spotify Premium. And this past weekend I played a bunch of music from my iPhone while I was out of town. Now I'm back, and I'm on my computer, and I can't figure out what it is that I played. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stuck on "Waiting to download"

Plan PremiumCountry USADevice iPhone XrOperating System 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI have a large-ish playlist that I have set on download on the phone app... so when I add new songs to it on the desktop app or on my iPad, it's supposed to automatica...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Country  USA Device  iPhone Xr Operating System  12.3.1   My Question or Issue I have a large-ish playlist that I have set on download on the phone ap...
  • CarlosE
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Release radar not updating

PlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceiPhone 11 proOperating SystemIOS My Question or Issuemy release radar hasn’t updated in over a week.

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 11 pro Operating System IOS    My Question or Issue my release radar hasn’t updated in over a week.  
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stations App has different functions for wife than me. Same account

Hi All, I'm having a weird issue with Spotify Stations app:PlanPremium DuoCountryUSADeviceiPhone XR (hers) Iphone XS (mine)Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueMy wife and I just got Spotify coming from Pandora so we really like the Stations ap...

• Regular
  • Hi All, I'm having a weird issue with Spotify Stations app: Plan Premium Duo Country USA Device iPhone XR (hers) Iphone XS (mine) Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue My wif...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My podcast takes forevet to start playing and stops and starts randomly!

Whenever i play Joe Rogan podcasts it takes forever to begin, and when it starts playing it stops randomly. Sometimes it works, but only after it has stoped and started several times! I also cannot go out of the app, because then it stops for a while...

• Regular
  • Whenever i play Joe Rogan podcasts it takes forever to begin, and when it starts playing it stops randomly. Sometimes it works, but only after it has stoped and started several times! I also cannot g...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stops playing seconds in

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue Recently my Spotify has started to stop playing mo...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 10) &n...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connecting to Puma Trac

Plan PPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8 Operating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueI used to be able to play Spotify through the Puma Trac fitness app, but now it won't stay connected. After I connect I go to start run and select Music app, I check ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan P Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 8  Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue I used to be able to play Spotify through the Puma Trac fitness app, but now it ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No Sound when sharing Spotify track to Instagram Stories

Hi there, I'm having an issue where, when I share a song (in the spotify iOS app) to Instagram stories, using the "..." pop-up menu, It shares the artist cover art, title, and canvas on Instagram, but there's no sound! (I've checked volume, app permi...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I'm having an issue where, when I share a song (in the spotify iOS app) to Instagram stories, using the "..." pop-up menu, It shares the artist cover art, title, and canvas on Inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Instagram
    no sound
    sharing
    Social
    Stories
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes