Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login after resetting password

Solved!

Login after resetting password

Hello...

I’m trying to log in but keep getting the same answer “login failed”. I have now tried to reset my password about 7-8 times without any luck of logging in, by pressing the “forgot my password” option. I’m running out of password possibilities here. Not to mention patience.

All this happened after I accepted the offer of paying 990 SEK for a whole year of Spotify. 

What to do? Fed up! Want to access my playlists and saved music. 

All the best!

Christina 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @cliedberg, help's here!

To check, are you using your correct username and password combination when attempting to log in using the the username field? We'd recommend using the password reset form if you need to change it again. 

As for your username, you should see it on the email you received when setting up your Premium subscription if you need a reminder. Make sure you're using this and not your email address, but you can try logging in with the correct email address in the username field, too.

We'd also recommend checking if you can log in successfully on a number of other devices. It might be worth checking the connections of any that aren't working. For mobile, make sure you're on a WiFi connection and not just relying on your cellular network.

If you're still having trouble after some further testing, we'd recommend getting in contact with us directly via email, or by tweeting our support handle. We'll be able to help you out further and take a look under the hood.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @cliedberg, help's here!

To check, are you using your correct username and password combination when attempting to log in using the the username field? We'd recommend using the password reset form if you need to change it again. 

As for your username, you should see it on the email you received when setting up your Premium subscription if you need a reminder. Make sure you're using this and not your email address, but you can try logging in with the correct email address in the username field, too.

We'd also recommend checking if you can log in successfully on a number of other devices. It might be worth checking the connections of any that aren't working. For mobile, make sure you're on a WiFi connection and not just relying on your cellular network.

If you're still having trouble after some further testing, we'd recommend getting in contact with us directly via email, or by tweeting our support handle. We'll be able to help you out further and take a look under the hood.

Thanks!

One of the things that is interesting is that for me, logging in with the username instead of the Email Address field worked... I wonder why that would be??

Hey @arcsector,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You can use both your username and email address to log in to Spotify.

Hope this info is helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately this is not the case for me - i cannot login with my email,
only with my username. This is an issue that many people have reported.

Hey @arcsector,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we suggest that you try reaching out to our Customer Support through any of these channels, so they can take a closer look at your account and give you a hand with this. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello, I did as you said, but it did not fix even if I reset the password, I sent it to spotify's e-mail, I am waiting for a reply 😄

Hey @QuAdRonN,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

If the issue is still persistent, we'd recommend waiting for the response of the Support team. They will be able to look at your individual account and verify if the issue is account related and help you further. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts