Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you 'shuffle all' playlists?

Solved!

Can you 'shuffle all' playlists?

You can sort of do this on the computer version of spotify by shuffling your 'library' but that is not an option to do on the iPhone application. Is this something that is possible currently that I'm not finding? Is this something that is not available currently to iPhone app users? If the previous is true, is this something that can be added in the future?

Example... I have my playlists set up by music type. Sometimes I prefer to hear all types of music shuffled together. I can't see how to make this happen currently.

Thanks
Zach.
23 Replies

Totally agree

They do that on purpose. I guess they don't want us to get too independent from being online and using the app. They most definitely create the most revenues from us playing many different and new songs. So they prevent us from getting building a nice convenient library.
Look at all the features they removed.
No more shuffle over all songs.
No more star ratings for songs.
No meta data to filter for songs (bpm etc)

Those flaws didn't come by chance. It was on purpose.

My 2 cents on this.

Logically Spotify has become a very interesting product. In fact, small clubs and cocktail bars use it to play music (even if it's not allowed). With this kind of decisions that hurt us all, they try to stop Dj's (BPM), bars and clubs (shuffled from lists in a folder), etc ... They have monetized the business and now they want to make it more profitable. They remunerate the record companies for reproduction, even if it is little, and if their use is not personal they have many legal conflicts.

Thanks for the response. It seems to me that Spotify is behind the curve when it comes to playing music in commercial settings. Pandora/Mood/DMX is ahead and they continue to adjust content options. Seems to me there should be a fairly simple way (with technology available now) to track play lists and songs from Spotify and charge commercial consumers. One issue I have with Mood, is if I only want one song by one artist, they will play their entire catalog rather than picking songs from other artists similar to this. A prime example is "Blow Monkeys La Pasionera". This is a song completely different than their other stuff,  yet the rest of their pop catalog plays. One of hundreds of examples. Spotify has some great radio stations that would be suitable for commercial use. Similar to Radio back when it mattered. They need to raise the bar.

Suggested posts