Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! “Now playing” bar has disappeared

I use Spotify Premium (latest version) on iOS (latest version). My “Now playing” bar has disappeared and I don’t know what to do. But it’s only with one playlist and when I check queue there is empty playlist even tho it can still be skipped to anoth...

• I use Spotify Premium (latest version) on iOS (latest version).    My “Now playing” bar has disappeared and I don’t know what to do. But it’s only with one playlist and when I check queue...
  • lachiepither
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Repeats same songs even on shuffle

I use the iPhone 6 and the premium spotify app. This what happens. I get in the car and it automatically connects to bluetooth media (okay). The Spotify app begins (okay). I hit shuffle play for ANY playlist, ANY album, ANY artist. I drive 15 mins to...

• Gig Goer
  • I use the iPhone 6 and the premium spotify app. This what happens. I get in the car and it automatically connects to bluetooth media (okay). The Spotify app begins (okay). I hit shuffle play for ANY ...
  • Dgoldfe13
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't connect on IPod Touch

I downloaded the app on my IPod Touch. It keeps saying no internet connection even though the Wifi is on. I am in my basement so maybe not a strong enough signal?

• I downloaded the app on my IPod Touch. It keeps saying no internet connection even though the Wifi is on.  I am in my basement so maybe not a strong enough signal?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is not appearing on the locked screen

My Spotify is not appearing on the locked screen of the iphone and consequently I can not change music with my cell phone blocked and not even in the multimedia of my car. Solve it or I'll stop to pay!!!!

• My Spotify is not appearing on the locked screen of the iphone and consequently I can not change music with my cell phone blocked and not even in the multimedia of my car.   Solve it or I'll s...
  • kennykyle
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't get the sync to work

I have my PC and iPad on the same network, and I have download toggled on both. It just says: "Downloading... Waiting to download." On my ipad, and I don't know what to do. Help me please.

• I have my PC and iPad on the same network, and I have download toggled on both. It just says: "Downloading... Waiting to download." On my ipad, and I don't know what to do. Help me please.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle automatically turns on after I’ve turned it off

I’ve seen a few of these issues posted and tried the solutions given but the issue is still happening for me.I’ve noticed that if I’m listening to an album with Spotify premium and wanting to hear it straight through in order I am unable to. The firs...

• I’ve seen a few of these issues posted and tried the solutions given but the issue is still happening for me. I’ve noticed that if I’m listening to an album with Spotify premium and wanting to hea...
  • megalodious
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

One playlist won't play on mobile

I don't pay for spotify. Recently I've been trying to play my Halloween playist on mobile. When I click shuffle it will play a suggested track then suddenly stop. The bar where it shows what song is playing will suddenly disappear and clicking shuffl...

• I don't pay for spotify. Recently I've been trying to play my Halloween playist on mobile. When I click shuffle it will play a suggested track then suddenly stop. The bar where it shows what song is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching from Premium to Family Premium

I currently have Premium and Pay $9.99 per month. My spouse and I both have the Spotify app on our iPhones and we have the same music on our iPhones but only one of us can play music at a time. Does this mean I have to upgrade to Family Premium for b...

• Casual Listener
  • I currently have Premium and Pay $9.99 per month. My spouse and I both have the Spotify app on our iPhones and we have the same music on our iPhones but only one of us can play music at a time. Does ...
  • KCmusic3
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing abruptly

When I try to play a song, it stops playing a few seconds after it starts. It appears to be playing (the play/pause icon is still the pause symbol), but no audio comes out, and the track bar is stationary. This problem only occurs when I am using cel...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to play a song, it stops playing a few seconds after it starts. It appears to be playing (the play/pause icon is still the pause symbol), but no audio comes out, and the track bar is stati...
  • robbiek54
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist not showing what is playing

For the last week or so, when I go to a certain playlist, it won't show me the current song that's playing and it won't let me shuffle to the next song. But the problem is that it only does it with one of my playlists. As soon I start trying to liste...

• For the last week or so, when I go to a certain playlist, it won't show me the current song that's playing and it won't let me shuffle to the next song. But the problem is that it only does it with o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

After iOS 11 local files can only be played on the desktop and not the IPhone

After iOS 11 local files can only be played on the desktop and not the IPhone. I followed the instructions by ‘help local files’ but after I repeately removed both apps and I downloaded the playlist on the desktop, the local files still didn’t synchr...

• After iOS 11 local files can only be played on the desktop and not the IPhone. I followed the instructions by ‘help local files’  but after I repeately removed both apps and I downloaded the pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Family Premium

I wrote my flase name in the family living place how can i change it

• I wrote my flase name in the family living place how can i change it
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can’t log in

I subscribed to premium and now I can’t log in! I created an account with my Facebook profile. Entered the correct details and I am met with this error. Can anyone help?

CE59AB41-D599-465E-BD91-115BABA0E930.png 561190A6-6F29-46BF-A6E8-36E18B5EA64D.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I subscribed to premium and now I can’t log in! I created an account with my Facebook profile. Entered the correct details and I am met with this error. Can anyone help?    
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    iOS
    Login
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Tela de bloqueio - iOS 9

Boa tarde, eu vim pedir informações sobre o spotify na tela de bloqueio. Há como deixar a arte do álbum em tela cheia?

• Boa tarde, eu vim pedir informações sobre o spotify na tela de bloqueio. Há como deixar a arte do álbum em tela cheia? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect to Sonos/ios 11

I use an iPhone with iOS 11. Since my update to ios11 I have got a problem every time I used Spotify with my Sonos system (using the Spotify connect option to connect sonos from the Spotify app). After using the Spotify app I don't have date and time...

• Casual Listener
  • I use an iPhone with iOS 11. Since my update to ios11 I have got a problem every time I used Spotify with my Sonos system (using the Spotify connect option to connect sonos from the Spotify app). Aft...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible with premium to dowload (save) songs to one apple device, but not the other?

I recently had to switch to a new phone with lower capacity. My old phone is inactive, but still works w/ WiFi for apps and has higher capacity. It is really helpful to listen to music offline and I'm wondering if it is possible to downlad songs to t...

• I recently had to switch to a new phone with lower capacity.   My old phone is inactive, but still works w/ WiFi for apps and has higher capacity. It is really helpful to listen to music offli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist - Recently Added at the Top

Simple issue yet one that seems impossible to find a clear answer on. I've spent some time searching through the forums but haven't found any recent posts. Maybe someone here can help me. I use my Starred Playlist (like most people to do) to track mu...

• Simple issue yet one that seems impossible to find a clear answer on.  I've spent some time searching through the forums but haven't found any recent posts.  Maybe someone here can help me....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music got deleted

Last night I logged into my iPad on my Spotify account, so I could listen to it while doing homework, and it logged me out of it on my iPhone and when I logged back in on my iPhone all of my music was deleted??? And I have premium so now I have no mu...

• Last night I logged into my iPad on my Spotify account, so I could listen to it while doing homework, and it logged me out of it on my iPhone and when I logged back in on my iPhone all of my music wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile picture does not appear in IPhone app

My picture does not appear in my spotify (IPhone) app...I also have the application on my (mac) laptop and I don’t see the option to modify my profile picture (on my IPhone app and on my laptop app).I tried linking my spotify account to my facebook u...

• My picture does not appear in my spotify (IPhone) app... I also have the application on my (mac) laptop and I don’t see the option to modify my profile picture (on my IPhone app and on my laptop app...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Does high streaming quality take priority over low download quality?

So basically, let's say I have download quality set to low, and streaming quality to high/extreme (this being because I have a phone without a ton of space, but still prefer to listen to music on high quality). When I'm on wifi/cellular, will a downl...

• So basically, let's say I have download quality set to low, and streaming quality to high/extreme (this being because I have a phone without a ton of space, but still prefer to listen to music on hig...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes