Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music keeps stopping on my iPhone

Music keeps stopping on my iPhone

My music keeps stopping. Not pausing or a break in signal but it just stops and the only way to make it start again is to touch the cursor on the time elapsed bar at the bottom of the screen. I've tried everything I can think of. Anyone have any suggestions?
40 Replies

Spotify is teaching me to HATE Spotify.  Lousy customer service when it comes to getting this annoying problem resolved.  I've been searching on line and in these forums for a month now.  Have reinstalled clean copies, but the problem persists.  Music stops about half way through the song, and other songs after that don't play at all.  I HATE paying for something that is so unreliable, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

We have seen some success with users restarting your iPhone. I have moved this thread over to the iOS board, as it was posted in the iPod board.
Airhorn Enthusiast

My music will pause/stop repeatedly every few seconds while it is playing. What a ridiculous state of affairs. I touch the bar below the pause/ play to make the song resume. Completely unacceptable when trying to go to sleep listening to it. Spotify ought to consider giving a refund as I am now paying (premium) for a product I do not have. 😁

I have the same problem. Drops out all the time. it's not an issue with my wireless, as I have zero issues with streaming Pandora and other podcasts. Spotify is the only program that seems to have the problem.

Please tell us how to fix this... mine plays for 45-50 seconds.. then stops. Getting fed up... ready to cancel my "NEW" subscription! Just joined a week or so ago!! Ughhhh

add me to the list having this problem... even when I am in offline mode, still happens.

Same with iPad. Delete-reinstall- and restart iPad . Now more than 30 min no probleMs. Hope it works for you. 

Already done the restart thing several times. Sometimes it works for a few hours, sometimes it's just as bad as it was before.

I too have an iPhone and the music stops after about 30 seconds into it. Also the radio stops and if I try to advance or change the station it doesn't play at all. So glad I pay for this.

Happening a lot. PLEASE FIX THIS SPOTIFY!

Hello,

Could I ask you all to try the restart of your iOS devices? Some users have said that this has managed to get things working.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I've been experiencing the same problem as described in this post: song stops, but the pause button isn't enabled, hit pause, play button shows, re-hit play, nothing happens (even when there is 3g coverage), advance play head and the song sometimes starts back up, but only for a bit, then the song pauses again.

I've been using Spotify Premium for a few months now. Why did Spotify work flawlessly on iPhone 4 and 3g for for my first few months of membership? Why is it starting to act up now?

As recommended, I'm going to restart my iPhone 4 and cross my fingers that the moderator's suggestion works.

I'm rooting for you Spotify!

The restart seemed to help this time, though I only listened for about an hour. I did a delete and restart last week and it helped at first too...then went back to stopping and starting. I shouldn't have to delete and restart every time I want to use the app. I pay for premium too, if it matters.

I have the same problem with all my mobile devices. I play through ipod, iphone (x2), ipad both at home and tethering and all have the same problem. I attempted to listen to the new Script album last week & could not get more than two tracks without it dropping out. When I try to play my playlists, I get a couple of songs & then it stops. Nothing to do with my connections because everything else works fine. I shall be cancelling my subscription if it is not resolved soon.

Get your act together STOPIFY

@user-removed wrote:

The restart seemed to help this time, though I only listened for about an hour. I did a delete and restart last week and it helped at first too...then went back to stopping and starting. I shouldn't have to delete and restart every time I want to use the app. I pay for premium too, if it matters.

You shouldn't need to delete the app, just restart the device.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have this issues too, generally speaking on my 3G,

Now first let me tell you, my 3g coverage is fine, I can browse facebook and do all my general stuff but for some reason spotify tends to stop buffing songs, and yea I've spoken to my carrier and they said its nothing on there end, like they havnt blocked it or reduce my speed. So yea

David,

You don't appear to be listening to all the people here. The restart of the phone is not a fix. It doesn't last and having to restart the phone every hour or so isn't something you should consider to be acceptable for a piece of commercial software. What we need is a fix, not a work around.

For the record my mobile account on my IPhone 4 goes through patches of random pauses. For example earlier it was pausing for one to six seconds at random intervals about five times per song. Now, half an hour later, it's playing smoothly. It has nothing to do with signal strength as it happens on wifi or cell service regardless of how good or bad the strength of the network reception.

I'll tell you right now that nothing makes me want to hurl my phone across the room quite like listening to Spotify stuttering it's way through the stuff I'm trying to listen to. Come back ITunes, all is forgiven.

Please, FIX it, don't fudge it.

yes Toastno6!!!

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problems since 3 months now on my ipod touch (docked on Geneva system) and they're getting worse! I couldn't listen to any number longer than 20 secs. Before that there was not a problem, I'm using Spotify for something like 1.5 years now. Must be something wrong with recent updates of Spotify app.

Today I deleted Spotify, installed ios 6 (so updated operating system of ipod) and re-installed Spotify. For one hour now, 'pas de problems!' (That's French for 'no problems').

Robert 

Suggested posts