Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Songs in Playlist deleted HELP!

I´ve been saving the best songs from my mix of the week in a separate playlist: weekly for over a year now. this week while adding a song it was suddenly empty, only the one new song added. in the faq-section i only found the solution to retrieve a d...

• I´ve been saving the best songs from my mix of the week in a separate playlist: weekly for over a year now. this week while adding a song it was suddenly empty, only the one new song added.  in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs stop playing halfway through

I am using the latest versions of iOS and Spotify. Starting yesterday, any song I play through Spotify either doesn't play at all or only plays up to halfway through before stopping permanently. As far as I can tell, my phone isn't having connectivit...

• I am using the latest versions of iOS and Spotify. Starting yesterday, any song I play through Spotify either doesn't play at all or only plays up to halfway through before stopping permanently. As f...
  • Terrancequek
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iTunes file not downloading

Hi,So today I decided to finally download some of my iTunes music onto Spotify Mobile, so I can put them in playlists together with other music!Everything went fine, except one file which wouldn't show up on my iPhone. It doesn't appear grayed out on...

• Hi, So today I decided to finally download some of my iTunes music onto Spotify Mobile, so I can put them in playlists together with other music! Everything went fine, except one file which wo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird iPhone Bug???

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting to the community so if there's a better place for this topic please let me know! Anyway, I'm having an issue with the Spotify iOS app that's been consistent for a few weeks and I was just wondering if any...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone! This is my first time posting to the community so if there's a better place for this topic please let me know!    Anyway, I'm having an issue with the Spotify iOS app that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs lost when battery die

Sometimes when battery dies, I have to open again Spotify and login with Facebook. The real problem is that I have to download all the songs again and I loose around 10 percent of saved songs. For example on this time I had around 3200 saved songs an...

• Sometimes when battery dies, I have to open again Spotify and login with Facebook. The real problem is that I have to download all the songs again and I loose around 10 percent of saved songs. For ex...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t download songs for offline mode

My iPhone X is on the latest iOS 11.1 firmware, and also has the latest update for Spotify, 8.4.25.906. However, since I’ve had my iPhone X, it refuses to download over 90% of my songs on my Spotify. It has only downloaded new music I have saved to m...

• My iPhone X is on the latest iOS 11.1 firmware, and also has the latest update for Spotify, 8.4.25.906. However, since I’ve had my iPhone X, it refuses to download over 90% of my songs on my Spotify....
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook Login on iPhone not working

Hello, Recently I found out that I'd been logged out of my Spotify account on my iPhone. I tried signing back in via Facebook Login, but it says my credentials are wrong and then asks me if I have signed up for an account. When I try logging into the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Recently I found out that I'd been logged out of my Spotify account on my iPhone. I tried signing back in via Facebook Login, but it says my credentials are wrong and then asks me if ...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn on or off recently played artists

Where is the option to make your recently played artists public or not? I can't find it on the app or web version of Spotify.

• Visitor
  • Where is the option to make your recently played artists public or not? I can't find it on the app or web version of Spotify. 
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Music Stops playing when i open Puffin

So im using this broswer called Puffin on my IOS 11.1.1 ipad for reading and stuff.It have worked for me previously to put on Spotify so i can listen while reading; however i did have to press play again after opening Puffin. Now i cant do that. Ever...

• So im using this broswer called Puffin on my IOS 11.1.1 ipad for reading and stuff. It have worked for me previously to put on Spotify so i can listen while reading; however i did have to press play...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No autoplay option

Hello,just switched over to an iPhone 7 Plus. The autoplay button is gone from the playback menu. Weird. Pics of current playback menu. Old phone had autoplay right under “play feedback sounds” Any idea how to find it?

• Hello, just switched over to an iPhone 7 Plus. The autoplay button is gone from the playback menu. Weird. Pics of current playback menu. Old phone had autoplay right under “play feedback sounds” &n...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't connect to my wifi

Hi! Spotify won't connect to my wifi. When it connects it is very slow. On mobile data and on other wifi network it works fine. Tried to restart the phone and the router but it didn't helped and I also tried to reinstal the app but it didn't helped e...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!  Spotify won't connect to my wifi. When it connects it is very slow. On mobile data and on other wifi network it works fine. Tried to restart the phone and the router but it didn'...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug report: picked up fellow driver's music apparently

Specs: 2016 Mazda 3 sedan, iPhone 5s, iOS 10.3. As I was driving last night on a busy road (PCH in Los Angeles) my music switched to another user's music list. I have never listened to this user's playlist or the songs that came up. I imagine I drove...

• Casual Listener
  • Specs: 2016 Mazda 3 sedan, iPhone 5s, iOS 10.3.   As I was driving last night on a busy road (PCH in Los Angeles) my music switched to another user's music list. I have never listened to this ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug report: LinkedIn education app causes spotify music to run at 1.5x

Hi, I use the LinkedIn Learning app to watch and listen to courses. It plays videos and allows you to turn off the screen and keep listening to the audio. iPhone 5 with 10.3 iOS. I listen to the videos at 1.5x. When I am listening to a video, then st...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I use the LinkedIn Learning app to watch and listen to courses. It plays videos and allows you to turn off the screen and keep listening to the audio. iPhone 5 with 10.3 iOS.  &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred turned upside down?

Yesterday the order of my Starred list turned upside down in my iPhone - on my laptop it's still right. I want to correct it, since it's very important to me to listen to the songs in a particular order and I always used Starred... How can I fix this...

• Regular
  • Yesterday the order of my Starred list turned upside down in my iPhone - on my laptop it's still right. I want to correct it, since it's very important to me to listen to the songs in a particular or...
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

URGENT HELP: Spotify will no longer send mp3 files to my iPhone

I can't get mp3 files to go to my iphone any more. First, I download them from Beatport. Then I move them to a folder on my mac that has been added to local files. I usually create a playlist and add some of those files there, and select download so ...

• Regular
  • I can't get mp3 files to go to my iphone any more.  First, I download them from Beatport.  Then I move them to a folder on my mac that has been added to local files.  I usually create ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify functioning as if I’m not playing anything and won’t let me see now playing

I have Spotify premium for student and my spotify app hasn't been showing the green highlight it does usually for the current song playing and the now playing tab and drag up menu is not showing and all it says in my control center while it's playing...

• I have Spotify premium for student and my spotify app hasn't been showing the green highlight it does usually for the current song playing and the now playing tab and drag up menu is not showing and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPod Touch randomly stops playing

I'm posting here because I figure an iPod Touch is close to an iPhone. I select a radio station and start playing it. Then at random intervals, it just stops playing. I haven't touched it since it started playing. Like it has timed out or something. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm posting here because I figure an iPod Touch is close to an iPhone. I select a radio station and start playing it. Then at random intervals, it just stops playing. I haven't touched it since it st...
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 10 - BMW Connected Drive - loosing connection

hi, since upgrading to iOS 10 spotify does not work as expecpted with connected drive. it looses the connection to the car every 10 to 20 seconds. when the connection is lost the screen on the iPhone changes from the "Spotify - BMW - Security Screen"...

• Music Fan
  • hi,   since upgrading to iOS 10 spotify does not work as expecpted with connected drive. it looses the connection to the car every 10 to 20 seconds. when the connection is lost the screen on t...
  • Paxman
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spodify crashes my iphone 6 using 11.0.3

I down loaded Spodify 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. On 10/16/17, I updated my iphone 6 to OS11.0.3. Since the update, everytime I use Spodify, my entire phone crashes within the first 30 minutes of Spodify use. This has happened 4 times so far...

• Casual Listener
  • I down loaded Spodify 2 weeks ago and everything was fine.  On 10/16/17, I updated my iphone 6 to OS11.0.3.  Since the update, everytime I use Spodify, my entire phone crashes within the fi...
  • giftguys
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New UI adapted to iOS 11

Hey folks!Is it possible a redesign to adapt the Spotify to the new iOS 11 style like these images below?All the best.

• Composer
  • Hey folks! Is it possible a redesign to adapt the Spotify to the new iOS 11 style like these images below? All the best.
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bold
    iOS11
    label
    redesign
    style
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes