Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login with facebook on iphone

Solved!

Cannot login with facebook on iphone

I've been trying to get my partners Spotify app to login via facebook without any success (my account on my phone works perfectly well).

When she starts Spotify and chooses "Log in with Facebook", she goes to the Facebook login which says "You have already authorise Spotify", and when the view returns to Spotify, there is a loading phase and then two error messages in quick succession saying "Login failed Error: 404"

It doesn't matter if she chooses to login with the facebook app, or with email and phone number, and it has the same result if she's logged out of FB and forced to enter her credentials.

She's able to access Spotify from a PC using her Facebook login.

I've tried removing and readding the Spotify and Facebook apps, without any success. IOs version is 10.3.1 (14E304)

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So, in the end, it turned out that my partner hadn't created her login using Facebook after all. It's probably the first thing I should have checked, but she was pretty clear that she had.

Thanks for the replies, its all working now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I had the same problem and it was solved simply by unintstalling and reinstalling the app. Not sure if that will fix it for you, but worth a shot if you haven't tried it. 

Do good. Be good. Listen to good music.

Thanks for the reply. I had tried removing the app before but I thought it would be worth doing it again.

I tried the following:

1. Remove Spotify
  2. Remove Facebook app
  3. Log out of Facebook on Iphone.
  4. remove spotify settings from Facebook (on another pc)
  5. Reinstall Spotify
  6. Login to Spotify using facebook.

The result is still the same two "Login Failed Error: 404" messages.

Try this method, it will generate an app password and should solve the issue. Let me know if it works.

Follow this to get a device password:
Go to Facebook Settings.
Select Security.
Select App Passwords.
Click Generate App Password.
Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.
Do good. Be good. Listen to good music.
Marked as solution

So, in the end, it turned out that my partner hadn't created her login using Facebook after all. It's probably the first thing I should have checked, but she was pretty clear that she had.

Thanks for the replies, its all working now.

Suggested posts