Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant add tracks and phone does not show upp.

Solved!

Cant add tracks and phone does not show upp.

All of a sudden i cant drag any local files into Spotify, nothing happends... it worked yesterday.

And my phone 5 does not show up under devices, not on wifi or plugged in by USB.

There isnt even a tab called devices anymore.

I have reinstalled it on both the computer and the iphone.

Help me plz.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just experienced the same problem, so it must be something they did with the latest updates.

Can't add songs it just thinks for a sec and then nothing 😕

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Local Files:

This feature is not in the new version.
Spotify plans to bring some features back, but it is currently not known if the feature you mentioned will be coming back.

You can still add local files to Spotify. Go into the settings and under "Local Files" you can import the source folder that contains the local files.

After you do that, the local files will appear in the "Local Files" section.

Find the song and then drag it over to a playlist. 

Devices:

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I just experienced the same problem, so it must be something they did with the latest updates.

Can't add songs it just thinks for a sec and then nothing 😕

Marked as solution

Local Files:

This feature is not in the new version.
Spotify plans to bring some features back, but it is currently not known if the feature you mentioned will be coming back.

You can still add local files to Spotify. Go into the settings and under "Local Files" you can import the source folder that contains the local files.

After you do that, the local files will appear in the "Local Files" section.

Find the song and then drag it over to a playlist. 

Devices:

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts