Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Celluar draining, offline mode not working

Solved!

Celluar draining, offline mode not working

I have a very limited celluar plan for my iPhone (500MB), so I disable sync over 2G/3G and turn on offline mode. 

However, when Spotify is closed and re-opened, it asks me to sign in again, forcing me to disable offline mode in order to start Spotify. When I am connected, I can listen to all my playlists even those I have not made available. Keep in mind I am on a 3G network with wifi unavailable. I am on the iPhone 5 handset with the latest iOS update (6.0.1).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂

There is a known issue with offline mode and being requested to log in all the time on this topic including a few work arounds. The staff are aware of this issue and are investigating. Keep an eye on that topic for updates.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂

There is a known issue with offline mode and being requested to log in all the time on this topic including a few work arounds. The staff are aware of this issue and are investigating. Keep an eye on that topic for updates.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks 😄

- Martin

I'm in silicon valley with extremely fast internet (at work) and it takes me about 3 minutes to sync a song on "high" quality. switch to LTE on my iphone 5 with 6.0.1 and i can sync a whole playlist in 3 minutes.

just to make sure my internet was fast, did a speedtest and came back with 985Mb down and about 400Mb up. what's the deal? why is OTA sync so much faster than wifi? 

Suggested posts