Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio - casting to groups from spotify on my iPhone only works once.

Chromecast Audio - casting to groups from spotify on my iPhone only works once.

It seems that when I cast to a group of speakers through chromecast audio - it will work the first time I cast to that group. But after that, Spotify is not able ot connect to the group any more. If I make a new group (same speakers), it will work again - once. Other apps can still use the group. 

Anyone else had this problem? A bug, or something local at my end?

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with Spotify and Chromecast Audio. We'd recommend checking these troubleshooting steps to see if they help. We'd also suggest reinstalling the Spotify app on your iPhone, as it could help with general issues.  

Let us know how it goes. 

I have 5 Google Chromecast Audio units configured into a single group. They are all on the same network. Streaming Spotify to one works well. Streaming to the full group doesn't work at all. Instead of connecting, Spotify indicates that Chromecast Audio is "connecting". It never connects. 

I am able to stream to the group using Google's Play Music app fine.

How do I get my Chromecast Audio group to work with Spotify? This is very frustrating and I hate to cancel my Spotify Premium account over this.

Mobile Device: iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.2.1
Spotify Version: 4.8.0.1085
Chromecast Audio Version: Model RUX-J42 – Purchased in January 2016

Sounds like the same problem I have.

I have found that restarting spotify (double tap on the button, swipe spotify up) or restarting the iphone resolves the problem temporarily.

From Google techs. at Google Groups:

"SInce you are casting other music and GPM fine to the groups and the problem is just with Spotify try deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app. Also, completely exit the Chromecast app and reopen.  Make sure (and I know you did this..;-)..) that all Chromecasts are on the same network and within good range of your router. Reboot all the Chromecasts, router and casting device."

-----------

Today (2.21.16), I turned WiFi off on my iPhone and then deleted the Spotify app. I then re-installed the Spotify app and then turned WiFi back connecting to the same network as my CA's. 

I am now able to cast Spotify to my group of 5 CA's successfully. It's been working consistently for the last 15 minutes. Crossing fingers that the trend continues...

I did all these recomended steps and still can't get my CA speaker group (with two CA devices) to play at the same time from Spotify on my iPod Touch. The Group works fine with Google Play Music, and they work flawlessly individually and the group works just fine when initiated from spotify an iPhone 6, but not from Spotify on my iPod Touch. 

When the group is initiated on the iPod, both speakers beep like they're connected, but as with the other people here, it just says "connecting" continuously and never connects. 

5th Gen iPod touch with iOS 9.3.5 running Spotify 5.7.0.1055

Suggested posts