Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear Recently Played on iPhone/iPad

Clear Recently Played on iPhone/iPad

Hi! Is there a way to efficiently clear the Recently Played list on iPhone and iPad? Deleting things one by one takes forever. If this option isn't yet available, I bet quite a few Spotifyers would appreciate it being added asap. 🙂
7 Replies

Hey @at88

Sorry, but right now the only way to remove recently played it to remove them one by one.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I figured. Sounds like a great idea for an app update.

It's ridiculous how this feature is not available, very annoying Spotify! Do something about it! 

I second this - it would be great if there was a toggle in Settings -> Playback to 'Hide Recently Played'. I find it's of little benefit to have it; I imagine plenty of people find it useful so there was simply an option to hide this from the 'Your Music' landing screen it would be fantastic.

or just a way to like clear it all in one button, or select multiple to clear

The reason this feature is not implemented even though many people want it is due to some licensing issue. Spotify CANNOT and WILL never implement a way to clear the recent history. This has to do with some secret clause in their deals with the record labels that we will never be told about.

Back in the days when there was desktop/PC only version of Spotify there was a way to manipulate XML files inside the directory structure of the Spotify install to circumvent this feature. Anybody who told anyone about this was either removed/banned or threatened to silence by Spotify staff by legal action.

~ThE EnD iS ThE BeGiNnInG~

But there is a way, there’s just no way to clear all.

Suggested posts