Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crash during offline sync.

Crash during offline sync.

Sup?

I'll get this out of the way: iPad Mini, 64g, WiFi.

My prob, Bob, is that Spotify keeps crashing while I'm trying to sync my offline playlists. Cred is starting to go down on my street, homies. Here's what happens.

1. There I am, syncing offline playlists. Everything's chill. There are some sweet tunes, maybe some Marley, maybe some Sublime playing. The breezies are pretty chill too. Chet's got the keg out.

2. Sometimes after a dozen-or-so <20-song playlists and sometimes after ~100 <20-song playlists, the songs stop downloading. They just stop. The next gray 'to-be-downloaded' circle next to the very next track won't change, not even to the spinny circle thing. Cred starts to go down. I lose a couple fly blondes (but I still got like three on my shoulder!!!).

3. Daddy didn't raise a dummy (Stanford!!!), so I troubleshoot. I switch the 'offline' mode from ON (green) to OFF (gray). Green 'downloaded' icons and gray 'to-be-downloaded' icons disappear. Playlist goes back to normal. I start sobering up. The beezies take an extra few seconds to think about getting me another White Russian (Big Lebowski!!! Donny you're out of your element LOL). I get a little sympathy cred, which is admittedly better than nothing.

4. I try switching the 'offline' mode from OFF to ON again. The brunette whose dad is famous, she starts eyein' me. Aw jeah.

5a. Spotify crashes. Total cred-related apocalypse. I'm down to one fly blonde, and she's texting some guy named Mark. Slut. Whatever!

5b. All tracks that had successfully downloaded are automatically and suspiciously downloaded all at once, in an instant. (I test them in offline mode, and they all work). The songs that didn't download have an orange exclamation point icon. Whether I'm just chilling with the bros at home or riding sideways in my Nissan Skyline R34 GT-RI recognize an exclamation point as an error. Chet's cousin starts laughing and I call him a *******.

Now, here's all the things I've tried. Because I ain't a dummy. (STANFORD!!!)

1. Kill the app, restart. No change.

2. Restart my iPad (major cred-slide, bro). No change.

3. Uninstall, then reinstall the Spotify app. This does work, but only for a while. Without exception, the app eventually goes back to the same behavior.

4. Flush the history and the cookies in Settings > Safari. I dunno; I read that worked for somebody with sort-of-relevant problems.

5. Check my memory. Dog, you gotta check your memory, and I know that. Everybody knows that. I have a 64-gig iPad, homie. I have gobs of room.

6. Since it sometimes happens after downloading maybe ~300 songs, I know I ain't tryin'a download more than 3,333 songs. Sh*t ain't right. Even if I DID, app shouldn't crash out, should it?

7. Remove the viscera of a white cat whose mother was a white cat, stomp my feet, call to all directions of the compass, devour the cat's heart. My venereal sorrows cease, and my relationship with my parents improves, but vis-à-vis Spotify, no change.

In all seriousness, I'm having this problem. This ain't just a bro-jape. I would appreciate assistance.

We out. Chelsea's dad is out of town and she's got a pool. I think she's got a weight room with windows that face the pool so my bros can spot me maxing my dead lifts for the breezies.

STANFORD!!!
4 Replies

try logging out of spotify and then log back in.

Such is implicit in the step where I say I uninstalled then reinstalled the app.

Seriously? People on this forum act as if the sorceress will make good on her curse if they don't say something stupid like, "Did you try making sure the app is actually on?" at least once a goddamn day.

For once, maybe, assume that the user knows basic troubleshooting methods like logging out and logging back in.

This is, perchance, the title champion of Most Useless Support Forums On the Entire Internet, sometimes. Which bleeds irony, considering Spotify has more bugs than monkey turd.

Just wondering does it always crash when trying to sync a certain (or a few) tracks? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, there are no specific problem-tracks / -playlists. Once the bug starts, it'll crash while syncing anything.

Suggested posts