Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

DO SOMETHING ABOUT UNSTAR / REMOVE FROM PLAYLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solved!

DO SOMETHING ABOUT UNSTAR / REMOVE FROM PLAYLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST, I USED STAR/UNSTAR ALL THE TIME SO THANKS FOR REMOVING THAT.

IF I AM LISTENING TO A SHUFFLED PLAYLIST OF 8,000 SONGS ON MY IPHONE AND I HEAR ONE I DONT WANT, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CONVENIENTLY REMOVE IT FROM THE PLAYLIST SINCE YOU'VE REMOVED THAT OPTION??????

AM I SUPPOSED TO FILTER 8000 SONGS TO FIND THE CURRENT SONG SO I CAN DELETE IT?  WHY DO I HAVE TO FIND IT AT ALL?? ITS PLAYING. IM LOOKING AT IT. ITS RIGHT THERE!!!!  JUST NO OPTION TO REMOVE IT.  NICE GOING. 

DO SOMETHING TO ADDRESS THIS OR IM OUTTA HERE. 

i'm not normally an ALL CAPS uptight screamer but I'm pretty unhappy about this.

Dave

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This issue is no longer relevant as the app has been improved.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I agree Spotify. Im leaving too, because of the star/unstar removal and 10$/ month is too much.

Yeah this is ridiculous. I swear spotify likes to troll its users. How do I make the my music playlist playable offline? Is there a business, incentive cost related reason why starred feature is gone or do you want to triple our effort to save songs we like?I'm really towards my end with paying for this service. You guys need to fix these problems. It's more important that an app WORKS SEAMLESSLY than looks pretty are you kidding me..

Check out Google PLay Music. They have succesfully done what Spotify has done, except with Google, they still have the "Thumbs Up" playlist (like the Stars) in addition to personalized music library. They have an pretty slick IOS app. I'm giving it a shot on the 30 day trial. If this doesn't get fixed, I'll cancel Spotify and go with Google. 

Test

OK! Well... Since it was unclear, I posted "Test" to see where my comment would appear. Now I know but I can't delete the comment. I'm on the mobile site. There's two more examples of not working seamlessly.

UPDATE:
Yes. Working seamlessly is key. I'm guessing Spotify has experienced explosive growth of membership and are desperately trying to improve and keep up. But they're not doing it *seemlessly*. Lol.

They rolled Starred into My Music and I guess they didn't want to have two ways of doing the same thing so they removed the old method aka Starred. That makes sense but you have to minimize the impact on the users who are your bread and butter. The priority is to keep us happy. If you're gonna change something that effects the users' experience, do it right. If the update was simply that Starred was replaced with My Music, and my Starred list had been migrated to My Music, and the interface remained similar enough that I wasn't lost and had to hunt for the basic functionality I was already familiar with, I never would have had a problem. It's been months and I've finally bothered to transfer my list. At the time of the removal of Starred, I was told that I could drag my songs to My Music but only about 400 at a time. Seriously? That seems to be fixed in the desktop app.

For now, I have stayed with Spotify and coped with the changes which have been improved to some extent. I always use the iOS app but recently went on the desktop application to complete the migration of my Starred list to My Music. In doing so, I found myself frustrated by a few things. I could not search the My Music list. I had to sort the list and scroll to where the artist or song name should be, and my list is close to 8000 songs. I believe the iOS app has the same flaw. To find a song, it seems like you have to use the global search but then you still don't know if it's in your list until you click it to see if it's already been added, indicated by the choice to remove it from My Music. Just let me search the list for crying out loud. Please? Then, finding a count of the number of the songs was easy in my Starred list but I could not find it for My Music. I found a workaround by selecting all songs in My Music and then dragging them in order to get a pop up that reported how many files I was about to move. That is horrible design. Every list should have the same functionality.

Initially Spotify Support just gave me their standard explanations but by persisting and explaining my frustrations, I was able to get personalized attention and answers. They weren't all the answers I wanted but at least they bothered to listen and try to help.

I would consider a move to Google or Apple music service as I am of the opinion that those two companies get things right most of the time.

The fast alternative given by Spotify previously is to add songs back into the old Starred playlist. I know its not the best - but yeah..
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

True. I'm a little disappointed & surprised that I didn't just opt for this method. Starred is now a standard playlist. Besides having one extra screen tap to add a song to Starred (Choose Playlist), everything else would be the same. I'm still a little suspicious that the My Music method is going to surprise me with something more problematic than what I've already listed.

@Davemcq Yeah I also love the starred idea (its so easy to access right), but My Music is a step towards a much better implementation of the starred idea as it will collect tons of music in one playlist after some time.. and it gets ultra messy!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

haha its actually pretty simple if you take time to look, all you have to do is right click over the tick/plus on you song and select delete. problem solved

At the time of my post, that was not the case but I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of it.
Marked as solution

This issue is no longer relevant as the app has been improved.

Really?  Great. Glad the app is improved. 
ALL I want to know is how - in simple terms - to delete ANY song from ANY playlist. 
Tell me please where to find that improvement....

In iOS app: Select Playlist. Select "..." In upper right corner. Select Edit.

Still, I feel your pain. I hate to say I'll change services (Apple Beats), but u gotta get this usability stuff RIGHT or else you're headed towards crap.

Actually no, this feature has been removed from Spotify iOS in 2022. YEARS LATER it was removed. So stupid. 

Suggested posts