Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Podcasts contains played podcast episodes that can never be removed

Daily Podcasts contains played podcast episodes that can never be removed

In the daily podcasts playlist - there are specific podcasts that have been played but are never removed from the playlist by Spotify.

If the podcasts are manually marked as not played and then played again, the playlist does not remove them, they are perpetually stuck in the playlist.

This happens for specific podcasts, not everything.

Reproduced on ios, desktop (mac) and web.

Is there a way to force the playlist to update, or forcefully remove these specific podcast episodes?

On ios I have cleared the cache and re-installed the app.
On web I have force refreshed the app (cmd+shift+r)
5 Replies

Hi there @yayjake,

The Daily Podcasts playlist is automatically generated, based on what you tend to listen to and the shows you follow. There is no way to manually remove items from the playlist. 

What you can do is try to Unfollow some of these shows, wait for a couple of days and follow them back. This might refresh the contents in the playlist.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, 

The podcast in question was unfollowed a few weeks ago. Originally I followed the Podcast and it appeared in the daily drive playlist, listened to the episode and decided the Podcast wasn't for me, so I unsubscribed from the Podcast - but the played episode is perpetually in the playlist.

Hey @yayjake,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please elaborate more? Which playlist this specific podcast affects? Is it Daily Podcasts or Daily Drive? 

A screenshot would also be greatly appreciated as we can get a clear idea of how things look on your end.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your update. 

LyubkaModerator

It is the Daily Podcasts playlist and the Podcast in question is "How to be more mindful"

Please see the screenshot:

yayjake_0-1680852815758.jpeg

Hey @yayjake,

Thank you for keeping in touch and for the info you shared.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team, however we can't confirm when or if it will be addressed. In the meantime please make sure to keep your app up to date with the latest version, so you don't miss out any important fixes or improvements.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts