Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Your Episodes on Apple Watch

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceApple Watch 6 My Question or IssueHello,I would like to ask a question:When I am going on the apple watch to “your library” -> “podcasts” -> “your episodes” the last saved episode is automatically played.I cannot see w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Apple Watch 6   My Question or Issue Hello, I would like to ask a question: When I am going on the apple watch to “your library” -> “podcasts” -...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can't download

I am premium member . now I can't download songs .it shows that remove all downloads from another device to listen offline . how should I do that

• Visitor
  • I am premium member . now I can't download songs .it shows that remove all downloads from another device to listen offline . how should I do that
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hidden song can not be shown again

I accidentally Hiddet a song. When I try to show the song again, nothing happens. I can show and hide other songs at will. Just this Song is not going to show again no matter if I try it on my iPhone oron my iPadPlanPremium Device(iPhone 11 Pro Opera...

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentally Hiddet a song. When I try to show the song again, nothing happens. I can show and hide other songs at will. Just this Song is not going to show again no matter if I try it on my iPhone...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium iPhone 11 Philippines

Hi!every time I play a song, half way through it changes to another song from a random playlist. It keeps on changing despite of doing everything I read here. I have an Individual Premium Plan. Haven't logged in to any other device. I have reset, log...

• Visitor
  • Hi! every time I play a song, half way through it changes to another song from a random playlist.  It keeps on changing despite of doing everything I read here.   I have an Individual Pr...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution playback constantly keeps reshuffling after connecting to bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15 (and also now on 16 beta) My Question or IssueEver since I switched back to iPhone I've noticed that when I connect to my Ford F150 bluetooth, whatever I was last playing switches shuffle...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15 (and also now on 16 beta)   My Question or Issue Ever since I switched back to iPhone I've noticed that when I con...
  • OscarDC
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Ford
    iOS
    shuffle
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts by itself and blasts music on my bluetooth speakers in the middle of the night.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueMy spotify turns on by itself at random times in the middle of the night and starts blasting ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue My spot...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to turn off story telling by genius?

This story which is showed up instead of normal lyrics is the most annoying thing in this app! Is there any chance to get rid of it? Example of that story is on the attachment photo

• This story which is showed up instead of normal lyrics is the most annoying thing in this app! Is there any chance to get rid of it? Example of that story is on the attachment photo 
  • Manolofight
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Heartstopper playlist opens

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone 13 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My Question or IssueWhenever I click on any song through the search bar the Heartstopper playlist opens and I immediately get ads even though I just watched an ad. Why is Hea...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone 13 mini Operating System iOS 15.6.1   My Question or Issue Whenever I click on any song through the search bar the Heartstopper playlist ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I get rid of all that blue storage taken up? I reallly don’t want to get ride of my playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI'm worried that soon I'll have to stop adding to my hundreds of playlists, which are super important to me, or that something else less then ideal will happen. What do I do? ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS  My Question or Issue I'm worried that soon I'll have to stop adding to my hundreds of playlists, which are super i...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Certain local files refuse to download on my phone

Whenever I attempt to download certain files on my phone, they refuse to download for some reason. Both files shown are mp3 files, yet only one will download. Also yes, I have searched for a post that has the same problem but the feature that appeare...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I attempt to download certain files on my phone, they refuse to download for some reason. Both files shown are mp3 files, yet only one will download. Also yes, I have searched for a post tha...
  • ka1eido
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Listening to Local Files on Spotify Mobile

Update: I figured out the issue, it was super simple, really. I just had to press the download button on the mobile app rather than the computer app in the playlist that holds the local files. PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14...

• Regular
  • Update: I figured out the issue, it was super simple, really. I just had to press the download button on the mobile app rather than the computer app in the playlist that holds the local files.  ...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug: Can’t add songs to playlists while playing through Bluetooth headphones

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating Systemlatest public release iOS My Question or IssueSee title. Seems to be similar to the big where podcast episodes can’t be removed from My Episodes sometimes while connected to Bluetooth device.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System latest public release iOS   My Question or Issue See title. Seems to be similar to the big where podcast episodes can’t b...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Time to finally fix the shuffle option.

Add on the playbutton :One click to shuffle one click to go back to normal play. It’s such a basic user friendly thing, I can’t believe it’s not been implemented.

• Add on the playbutton :One click to shuffle one click to go back to normal play. It’s such a basic user friendly thing, I can’t believe it’s not been implemented.
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone suggests home address in searchbar

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueSince today I noticed that when I click on the search bar, my iPhone suggests that I can search for my home address. How’s that possible, it’s not a location field...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue Since today I noticed that when I click on the search bar, my iPhone suggests that I ca...
  • AlejaR
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs Randomly Change When In A Group Session

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFamily Plan (not the owner)CountryUSADeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My issue is that every time my girlfriend and I c...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Family Plan (not the owner) Country USA Device iPhone 13 Operating ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • group session bug
    iOS 15.6.1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant pick a specific song

I go to my playlist on my i phone 12 pro max and i cant pick a specific song from it, it has to be on shuffle and also when i go to search up a song i click play and it plays similar songs but not that song.

• Visitor
  • I go to my playlist on my i phone 12 pro max and i cant pick a specific song from it, it has to be on shuffle and also when i go to search up a song i click play and it plays similar songs but not th...
  • G-JGAMES
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't listen to all my downloaded songs

I have been having trouble playing my music offline for a while now. I can listen to some songs, oddly the recently downloaded ones, but not the rest. This does not happen with all my devices, on my iPad I can listen to all the songs and in very good...

• I have been having trouble playing my music offline for a while now. I can listen to some songs, oddly the recently downloaded ones, but not the rest.   This does not happen with all my device...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find "Bete dej" podcast

CountrySweden DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My Question and Issue Why can't I listen to the "bete dej" podcast? I listened for 30 minutes yesterday but later in the evening I couldn't find it. I have searched on Spotify and I tried to fol...

•   Country Sweden   Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.6.1   My Question and Issue   Why can't I listen to the "bete dej" podcast? I listened for 30 minutes yester...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Couldn't open link

I live in South Korea and Spotify has been launched here recently. I want to listen to Joe Rogan Experience podcast. Here's the error “Spotify can't open this type of link on this device”. Quick and the full reinstallation of Spotify with restarting ...

• Visitor
  • I live in South Korea and Spotify has been launched here recently. I want to listen to Joe Rogan Experience podcast. Here's the error “Spotify can't open this type of link on this device”. Quick and ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle entire playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHelp! I am a 60-year-old totally tech UN-savvy music lover who just wants to be able to shuff...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Help! I...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes