Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting Playlists on Ipad without losing them on my laptop

Solved!

Deleting Playlists on Ipad without losing them on my laptop

Maybe someone out there can help me. I use spotify premium to get playlists from my laptop to an Ipad. Sometimes I want to get rid of a playlist on the Ipad without deleting it on my laptop. Tried everything and nothing works. Whenever I want to get rid of a playlist on the Ipad I lose it on the laptop to.

Is there anyway to delete playlists on the IPad without losing it ona ll devices?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

perhaps turning off the Sync Playlist offline button will do it.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Michael is right, if you tap the Sync button so it goes to the off position, it should unsync the playlists songs. If you want a quick way to unsync everything, you can just reinstall the app.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

8 Replies

i do not think this is possible because it's all on the same account synced with both your iPad and Laptop. what happens to one affects the other.

Michael is right, all your playlists are stored in the cloud with your account details, so when you delete, edit, or add a playlist on one device, that will show up on all your other devices using your account details.

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Thanks! That makes sense. Maybe you can help with a related question. Once I download a playlist to my Ipad for offline listening, is there any way I can "un-download" it? The problem I'm having is that the Ipad's capacity had gotten filled up with downloaded music and I can't download new playlists without somehow getting rid of some of the music I already downloaded. The only way I have found to do this is to create a duplicate playlist on my laptop under a new name, then delete the original playlist. The new playlist appears on the Ipad but without being downloaded for offline listening and without consuming storage space. This is a really painstaking process given the number of playlists I have. Is there any other way to reverse/undo the the offline listening download process for the Ipad? 

Marked as solution

perhaps turning off the Sync Playlist offline button will do it.

Marked as solution

Michael is right, if you tap the Sync button so it goes to the off position, it should unsync the playlists songs. If you want a quick way to unsync everything, you can just reinstall the app.

Anthony 🙂

Thanks guys, that works. Appreciate the help greatly!

Hi! Where is this sync button? My ipods and iphone are bogged down, but I don't want to lose all my playlists on the computer! Thank You!

Hi all, I want to do this too but with iPhone vs iPod 

so im using Family account so can have multiple accounts, so I’m thinking delete app from one device and reinstall using a different account.

this should work as different accounts have there own playlists plus any “shared” playlists. So when reinstalled just share the playlists you require or create new ones.

Suggested posts