Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

ios

My Question or Issue

Upgrade to Premium last night. Now Google devices keep diapering form the available device list in the Spotify App.

Have tried:

* Uninstalling everything

* Reinstalling

* Dis/re-connecting everything.

* Turning on/off ext

IMG_889C07B551BF-1.jpg
9 Replies

@ DuckyAus
I understand you have done the things you have tried that haven't worked, but make sure you delete the app and redownload it, and make sure you see your Google Home in the bluetooth section in the settings in your Iphone. Make sure your google home is connected and turned on after you have the done the things above, then try to connect a wifi speaker.
Hope this helps!

Thanks katiek_

Unfortanty not fixing the issue - Also Google Home Connects via WiFi. Everything is correct on the Google Home side - it is an issue with Spotify. Was 100% until this morning. 

Signed up to Spotify Family account and boom - the issue started... 

@MrBoucher
Your welcome, I think you should make sure the music you are listening to on your profile on the family account is connected to the google home individually 🙂

Still no luck - have lnked and unlinked individule acounts to confirm. Thinking it might be easier to get a refund and go with Google Music or someone else. 

@DuckyAus,
Google Music would probably work better on your google home 🙂

Further Development - Spotify will no longer connect to Wifi - states device is off line (it is online in the settings). All other apps are working via WiFi - Spotify will work on mobile network (excluding the device list of cource)

Below photo shows the devices available and within 20 secs they all go! 

D03732F0-A2BE-4C1C-9527-5E236D789955.png

Hi there,
I think you should also contact Google to see what they think, as well as doing the same for spotify ( Not on the community..)
Here is a link: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/
Hope this helps 🙂

Make sure you give Spotify app access to “Local Network” in your iOS settings. I had the same issue, but when i enabled this setting, i could see all devices on my wifi network including google home/mini.

Suggested posts