Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device won't show up but Spotify Connect works

Solved!

Device won't show up but Spotify Connect works

Since the new Spotify updates I keep getting problems. I'd rather have Spotify go back to the earlier versions where everything worked as expected. Especially since Spotify Connect (which may be removed from Spotify for all I care) came problems came popping up. I've coped with them (like not being able to add Local Files in the desktop app --therefore also unable to sync them offline); but now Spotify will not even show my device (an iPhone 6+) in the list.

I'm quite annoyed by that fact, more because Spotify Connect can 'see' my device and connect with it.

Can this be resolved? Or has someone already an solution for this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, 

I've gone thorugh all sorts of community posts, having had the same problem.

None of the solutions worked and this is the current state:

I can't play local files on my Samsung, even if they are saved offline on the computer, the firewall is disabled, all offline titles are in one list, the source for local files is precisely given, all devices are connected to the same network.

Thats all measures I've picked up in this community, yet still the files won't download to my phone, all it says is waiting for download. 

Thanks for the help

Suggested posts