Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

App crashes upon login

I'm attempting to use the Spotify app on my iPhone 4 -- which I have been doing for the past few months with no problem -- and the app started crashing today whenever I would try to open it.I have restarted my phone, as well as uninstalled and reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm attempting to use the Spotify app on my iPhone 4 -- which I have been doing for the past few months with no problem -- and the app started crashing today whenever I would try to open it. I have ...
  • Adam_B
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify only works when started on wifi

Brief description of the issue: If I start Spotify on my wifi, then leave the house, it works fine on my iPhone 5. But if I close spotify away from the wifi and try to restart it on my data network, it crashes. It doesn't remember my login, it prompt...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue:   If I start Spotify on my wifi, then leave the house, it works fine on my iPhone 5.  But if I close spotify away from the wifi and try to restart it on my...
  • CharlieGI
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files Will not Sync to iPhone and Gets Error.....

DescriptionI load local files to my spotify playlist, so that I can play them in the car when listening to spotify on my iPhone 6. When I go to play the song on the computer through spotify it works fine from "local files" but when I log onto my iPho...

• Description I load local files to my spotify playlist, so that I can play them in the car when listening to spotify on my iPhone 6. When I go to play the song on the computer through spotify it work...
  • 56kane
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help!

i just singed up into spotify premium for students and the payment went threw twice and i havent got premiun and i tried everything

• i just singed up into spotify premium for students and the payment went threw twice and i havent got premiun and i tried everything
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

changing my forgotten password

My account won't allow me to change my password as every time I attempt this, i am told that my form had expired. I really just want to access my music but I can't.

• My account won't allow me to change my password as every time I attempt this, i am told that my form had expired. I really just want to access my music but I can't.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline playlist will not sync

I have no internet data due to being abroad, however I am connected to wifi. But for some reason my offline playlists are no longer syncing. At first the majority of songs were no longer offline. So I reinstalled the app twice as well as removing all...

• I have no internet data due to being abroad, however I am connected to wifi. But for some reason my offline playlists are no longer syncing. At first the majority of songs were no longer offline. So ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on album art screen

Spotify on my iphone 5 will get stuck on the album art screen when playing songs. It has no controls on the screen just the album art, the only way i can play or pause is swiping up and using the iphone controls, but I can't change playlists or anyth...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on my iphone 5 will get stuck on the album art screen when playing songs. It has no controls on the screen just the album art, the only way i can play or pause is swiping up and using the iph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I change the order of my playlists on iOS?

We should be able to manually change the order of playlists. Also, playlists based on an entire album should appear in a separate 'Starred Albums' section. Any chance of implementing this? They just seem like the most obvious tweaks, and would make t...

• Visitor
  •   We should be able to manually change the order of playlists.   Also, playlists based on an entire album should appear in a separate 'Starred Albums' section.   Any chance o...
  • lwaldorf
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

spotify isnt working

hello i have the premiumsince today it wont load any of my playlist or starred playlisti closed the app, logged myself out and in againwhat is happening?

• hello i have the premium since today it wont load any of my playlist or starred playlist i closed the app, logged myself out and in again what is happening?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

sync offline songs to iphone without internet

Hey there ,my iPhone 5S is a bit broken ( wifi not working ).Is it possible to synch offline songs from windows to my iPhone without using wifi?Help pls.

• Hey there , my iPhone 5S is a bit broken ( wifi not working ). Is it possible to synch offline songs from windows to my iPhone without using wifi? Help pls.
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Newly Created Playlist is unavaiable

Created a playlist for Classic Rock and added downloaded songs from my Starred-list. Added around 70 songs. When I was done, I clicked back to "Playlists" and my "Classic Rock"-list was marked grey. Also said it contained 170 songs, instead of 70 wic...

• Created a playlist for Classic Rock and added downloaded songs from my Starred-list. Added around 70 songs. When I was done, I clicked back to "Playlists" and my "Classic Rock"-list was marked grey. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"My Music" on iPhone its empty at online mode

Hello,since this morning I have the problem that on my iPhone all songs, album and artist are empty at the online mode. On my PC I can see all. The conecting between both ist posssible and I can operate the PC with the iPhone. Why I can't see anywthi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, since this morning I have the problem that on my iPhone all songs, album and artist are empty at the online mode. On my PC I can see all. The conecting between both ist posssible and I can op...
  • Allyouneed
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Seriously disappointed !!!

I was never really clear on the bill after the three month special? I thought after you downloaded a song it stays on your phone permanently! Lastly my phone keeps uploading and downloading songs but they never stay on phone, even when I go into offl...

• I was never really clear on the bill after the three month special? I thought after you downloaded a song it stays on your phone permanently! Lastly my phone keeps uploading and downloading songs but...
  • Ambivalence
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline syncing

I've had premium for a little under a year and it was great for listening to playlists offline during my commute to school. About 2 months ago I deleted the app due to all the cookies and space it was taking up on my phone. Ever since then, my songs ...

• I've had premium for a little under a year and it was great for listening to playlists offline during my commute to school. About 2 months ago I deleted the app due to all the cookies and space it wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline syncing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashes on Eminem's "Square Dance"

When I select the song "Square Dance" by Eminem, and attempt to navigate towards the radio option, Spotify crashes when I select the menu button. * iOS 8.1.4* iPhone 6

• Casual Listener
  • When I select the song "Square Dance" by Eminem, and attempt to navigate towards the radio option, Spotify crashes when I select the menu button.   * iOS 8.1.4 * iPhone 6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No option to download music offline.

Hi, I have recently purchased spotify with a student discount (not sure if this will have any impact on my problem?) and when I apply offline mode I am unable to play any music and even when connected to Internet and offline mode is off, it gives me ...

• Hi, I have recently purchased spotify with a student discount (not sure if this will have any impact on my problem?) and when I apply offline mode I am unable to play any music and even when connecte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not syncing all of my local songs

For some reason, I can't get Spotify to sync all of my local songs. It recognizes that they are there on my Mac, and it will play through the Mac version, but it won't play through my iPhone. They are both connected to the same Wifi network, and stil...

• Regular
  • For some reason, I can't get Spotify to sync all of my local songs. It recognizes that they are there on my Mac, and it will play through the Mac version, but it won't play through my iPhone. They ar...
  • kubowy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify and nike+running app

I've installed the spotify app on my iPhone. When I tab the running section I want to add one of the running originals eg Epic to my playlist.But so far I couldn't put it in my playlist. Help would be usefullthanks

• I've installed the spotify app on my iPhone. When I tab the running section I want to add one of the running originals eg Epic to my playlist. But so far I couldn't put it in my playlist.   H...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can use Spotify only 14 days because I'm in another country!!!!!!!??

Hey I have a problem I am in Greece on holiday for two weeks and just wanted to open Spotify today to listen to some music when I saw that I was logged out what was very strange cause I'd never logged my account out. Then I wanted to log in again and...

• Hey I have a problem 😕 I am in Greece on holiday for two weeks and just wanted to open Spotify today to listen to some music when I saw that I was logged out what was very strange cause I'd never lo...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how do I connect my tablet and phone

How do I connect my ipad and my samsung phone to the computer? I have premium on the computer but not on ipad or phone.

• How do I connect my ipad and my samsung phone to the computer? I have premium on the computer but not on ipad or phone.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes