Free

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I downloaded Spotify this month to listen to Joe Rogan. Emphasis on listen. I don’t see an option to disable the accompanying video. This is an issue because I have limited data on my phone and have no access to wifi. The video I’m assuming is crushing my data. I downloaded Spotify exclusively to continue listening to the JRE, if I can’t listen without using all my data on a few episodes, then I might as well cancel. 

3 Replies

Hi @GT31

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

While a toggle to disable videos on podcasts is not available, we'd recommend using the app in the background (for example browsing in another app on your device while listening or having your phone locked). This is so the video doesn't display and data consumption is minimum.

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams. Further, other users also think having a toggle in the app would be a good idea. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way, you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news we have about this.

If you have any other questions, we'll be right here.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi, i'm trying to listen to my podcasts while driving to work but they no longer play while my phone screen is locked. Is there a way to disable videos on podcasts in spotify on iOS devices.....

Hey @Adrian_P,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

In this thread you can find solutions on how to stream only the audio part of a podcast.

To be sure, that Spotify app has permissions to run, while your screen is locked, you need to turn off the battery saving mode and turn on the background app refresh for Spotify on your iPhone.

Does the issue persist afterwards?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts