Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify use data even if playlists are available offline?

Does Spotify use data even if playlists are available offline?

I was curious as to if Spotify still uses data when a playlist is made "Available Offline" on the device. I use an iPhone 5, and I was under the impression that if a playlist was synced/offline it wouldn't use data or stream. However my data usage has still been increasing exponentially. Just curious, thanks in advance!

6 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

It shouldn't use any data. However, just to make sure, you can got to Settings>Playback and enable offline mode.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

even if the playlists are offline available spotify use very much data (50 MB a day). but when you enable offlinemode no scrobbling to last.fm is possible, so that do not help. thats a bug

I have Spotify turned off for access to cellular data, Settings>Cellular, scroll down and click to toggle on/off. So I'm pretty sure it isn't using data when I'm in "Offline" mode.

It will still use a ton! I have a huge playlist that has been downloaded for months and every time I let it play at work all day long it uses several GB a day. Its frustrating because the official answer is to manually block and unblock spotify from using cellular data each time you want it to. 

Similar to this thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Playlists-Offline-does-it-use-4G-Data/td-p/829079

I have all playlists offline and in a time frame of 2 weeks listening to my playlists in the car for a max of 2 hours per day and less, Spotify has been using over 3GB of mobile data and this is just listening to offline playlists.

Livee fast, die young!

How about on my computer, how should I set it to offline mode?

Suggested posts