Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Doesn't function on iPod

Doesn't function on iPod

Premium 

iPod Touch 2nd Gen.

I used to use Spotify on my iPod until it just stopped working. How to solve this issue?

6 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hey,

I already restared my device and redownloaded the app. They didn't work out.

Dev: iOS 4.2.1

App: 0.4.24.65...(goes on)

Need to add: No prob. with playing songs online or making playlists. The issue is that all my playlists available on desktop seem to have disappeared and I cannot see display them. Even if I logged out and in again.

Hey @ayberkbilgin

Thanks for the reply.

Older versions of Spotify are unstable and therefore things like these are unavoidable.

Now you mentioned the Desktop app, what seems to be the problem with it exactly?

Tell me more with what do you need help. Do you get any error messages? If possible attach a screenshot. Have you tried to reinstall it too?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey,

Let me introduce my problem from scratch:

I have an iPod 2nd gen, with iOS 4.2.1 and Spotify ver. 0.4.24.65.

I'm using Spotify both on my desktop computer and my iPod.

I was able to see my playlists and everything on my iPod but recently they all disappeared on my iPod but still available on desktop (I have no problem with desktop version what so ever).

So now, when I log in, I see none of my playlists. Reinstalling the app and restarting the device didn't solve my problem.

I don't have any error messages.

Is this because I cannot update my iOS or Spotify on my iPod any more?

Best,

Ayberk

Hey @ayberkbilgin

As I mentioned in my previous post that must be the case.

Older versions of software's are no longer supported and issues like these might happen.

You may try to test it by creating another account and signing in both your apps to see if that works there.

Use a different network as well to see if it makes a difference.

Hope it helps 🙂

I tried them also, didn't work either.

Sure this explains, but doesn't help unfortunately because it means that I cannot use my iPod with Spotify anymore.

Thanks anyways.

Suggested posts