Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Not letting me play song?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceIphone 7 plusOperating SystemiOS 11.2.2 My Question or Issue Hello, I was recently trying to play ‘I wonder if bloods watch blues clues’ by XXX and I cannot add it to my playlists, favorite it, or anything really. Any...

•   Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device Iphone 7 plus Operating System iOS 11.2.2   My Question or Issue  Hello, I was recently trying to play ‘I wonder if bloods wat...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify didn’t update to the new look

My Spotify didn’t update to the newest look and it’s updated on the App Store it says and I’ve deleted the app and redownloaded it and it didn’t update it still, a couple of my friends is updated and mine still isn’t. Is there any way to fix this? iP...

• My Spotify didn’t update to the newest look and it’s updated on the App Store it says and I’ve deleted the app and redownloaded it and it didn’t update it still, a couple of my friends is updated and...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    Update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random “Suggested” songs always playing

Right I have absolutely had it with this app. Whenever I play an album or a playlist I’ve created, instead of the music I want to hear, I’m getting random music that is nothing like what I’m trying to listen to! I’ve turned off auto play, and from wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Right I have absolutely had it with this app. Whenever I play an album or a playlist I’ve created, instead of the music I want to hear, I’m getting random music that is nothing like what I’m trying t...
  • LordDerpington
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Won’t let be buy premium

PlanFree CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 8+ Operating System IOS 11.4 My Question or Issue spotify on my phone won’t let me view my profile, make playlists private or unprivated, and it won’t let me buy premium. I’m not sure why I got this version ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Country United States     Device iPhone 8+   Operating System  IOS 11.4    My Question or Issue    spotify on my phone won’t let...
  • arielleshriver
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bulk management of downloaded songs: add all to playlist and then delete downloads?

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: iPhoneOperating System: iOS 10 I have over 20g of downloaded Spotify music on my phone. I want to create a playlist of all these songs and then delete the downloaded files to free up space. Is there a way to do this w...

• Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: iPhone Operating System: iOS 10   I have over 20g of downloaded Spotify music on my phone. I want to create a playlist of all these ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify is killing my iPhone

Hi everyone, I am having issues with Spotify. I am running iOS 11.3.1 in an iPhone 6+ and the device has begun to heat up like **bleep** when I am listening music in background. It didn't heat up like that except when I skipped a lot of songs at a ti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,    I am having issues with Spotify. I am running iOS 11.3.1 in an iPhone 6+ and the device has begun to heat up like **bleep** when I am listening music in background. It did...
  • owmybrain
  • Gig Goer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 12 beta CarPlay bug

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceIphone xOperating SystemIOS 12.0 public beta My Question or Issue During CarPlay, audio will stop if the app is exited out of and/or the screen is turned off. In order for audio to play, the app needed to be open and the sc...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Iphone x Operating System IOS 12.0 public beta    My Question or Issue  During CarPlay, audio will stop if the app is exited out of and/o...
  • ginaadrson
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [iOS] Queue on iPhone is not displaying correctly

Plan: Family Premium AccountCountry: USA Device: iPhone 8 running iOS 11.4 (15F79)Spotify Version: 8.4.53.689 My dad pays for Spotify family, and I have my own account that I log into through Facebook, but I can also login using email/password. I use...

• Regular
  • Plan: Family Premium Account Country: USA   Device: iPhone 8 running iOS 11.4 (15F79) Spotify Version: 8.4.53.689   My dad pays for Spotify family, and I have my own account that I lo...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I sort my playlists?

I want to sort my playlists alphabetically. How can I do that? I usually use my Apple phone to access Spotify, but sorting of playlists is not an option as far as I can tell. Are there other Spotify clients (Web player, etc.) that do allow for sortin...

• Regular
  • I want to sort my playlists alphabetically.  How can I do that?   I usually use my Apple phone to access Spotify, but sorting of playlists is not an option as far as I can tell.  Are...
  • OliviaSS
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling on the App

PlanFreeCountry UsaDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemIOS10 My Question or Issue The most recent update for Spotify looks and feels phenomenal. I have had a paid subscription to Apple Music for a few months provided by my father, but I haven’t used it bec...

• Plan Free Country  Usa Device iPhone 6 Operating System IOS10   My Question or Issue  The most recent update for Spotify looks and feels phenomenal. I have had a paid subscri...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Background downloads not working

My Question or IssueHi, I have recently started to use spotify and have now tried to download my playlists and albums on my iPhone. Generally it works, but with the limitation that I have to leave my display on and spotify as app on. As soon as I hav...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Hi, I have recently started to use spotify and have now tried to download my playlists and albums on my iPhone. Generally it works, but with the limitation that I have to leave ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone tmobile loggt nicht ein

hallo, auf meinem iphone mit tmobile stream on kann ich mich nur im wlan modus in spitify einloggen. Im Mobilfunknetz sagt mir die App ich wäre offline und stellt keine Verbindung her.so kann ich die App aver unterwegs natürlich nicht nutzen.weiss je...

• Casual Listener
  • hallo,   auf meinem iphone mit tmobile stream on kann ich mich nur im wlan modus in spitify einloggen. Im Mobilfunknetz sagt mir die App ich wäre offline und stellt keine Verbindung her. so k...
  • sebrud
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why can't I download more than one thousand (1,000) songs on my iPhone?

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 6s, iOS 11.4 Hello there, So I know that there is a download limit of 3,333 songs per device, but I am not even close to reaching this limit and I get constant reminders to delete songs to stay withing the download content li...

• Plan Premium  Device iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4   Hello there,   So I know that there is a download limit of 3,333 songs per device, but I am not even close to reaching this limit and ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Favorite Songs" playlist isn't saving all of my liked songs

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or Issue Yesterday I decided to make a new spotify account. On my old account, my "Favorite Songs" playlist said exactly how many songs I'd liked and contained every sin...

• Plan Free Country  United States Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue  Yesterday I decided to make a new spotify account. On my old account, my "...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

change songs automatically

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceiPhone 7Operating Systemlast iOS 10 My Question or Issue My problem is, my phone changes or stops songs automatically. I don’t do anything but suddenly it stops or play the next song or 10-15 secs after. What can ı do?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device iPhone 7 Operating System last iOS 10   My Question or Issue  My problem is, my phone changes or stops songs automatically. I don’t do any...
  • defnegokcen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

An Error Occured- tried heaps, it’s my phone but I have no idea what to do

I’ve tried restarting, reinstalling (dunno how to get rid of cache data though) tried with and without wifi, getting rid of offline devices, logging in and out. Spotify isn’t working on my phone but is working on my partners phone. spotify: up to dat...

• I’ve tried restarting, reinstalling (dunno how to get rid of cache data though) tried with and without wifi, getting rid of offline devices, logging in and out. Spotify isn’t working on my phone but ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    iphone
    not playing music
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Editing playlists (re-arranging songs)

I can’t move my songs around on my playlists on my iPhone anymore. There was also an option to have it catorgorized in order of artist’s names alphabetically, it was a lot easier to customize my playlists this way now it’s If u could change it back w...

• Regular
  • I can’t move my songs around on my playlists on my iPhone anymore. There was also an option to have it catorgorized in order of artist’s names alphabetically, it was a lot easier to customize my play...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not downloading

Hi , my Spotify is not downloading songs , I have premium and free space

• Hi , my Spotify is not downloading songs , I have premium and free space 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically save songs to my 'songs' playlist

DeviceiPhone 7 Plus My Question or IssueFor some reason, Spotify is automatically adding/saving songs to my 'song' playlist. That means songs I do not recognize/have not heard of before. How do I stop this phantom saving of songs?

• Casual Listener
  •  Device iPhone 7 Plus   My Question or Issue For some reason, Spotify is automatically adding/saving songs to my 'song' playlist. That means songs I do not recognize/have not heard of b...
  • GeraldRachelle
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

List for ‘Connect to a device’ is too short and doesn’t allow you to scroll through all devices.

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or Issue I have various speakers in my house connected to the WiFi network and configured with Google Home. However, only some of these show up in the Spotify app as available d...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue  I have various speakers in my house connected to the WiFi network and conf...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • available devices
    Google Home
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes