Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

hello! i'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would be really great if spotify could fix its issue with alphabetizing songs with parentheses in their titles

hard to explain in words, but this screenshot should make it clearIMG_8315.PNG

the (after) life of the party and the (shipped) gold standard are both stored before anything else, i guess because the parentheses are symbols?

i would even be ok with this ordering, if the ( was grouped with the # category on the scroll bar. however, the problem is that parentheses currently create new categories, like you can see in the scroll bar, which goes A S # A B C.......

these extra letters really clog up the scroll bar, but it seems like an easy fix could do it! either group parentheses as #s or use the same coding that ignores the words "the" and "a/an" in titles to ignore the parentheses so that (A would just be stored as A, (S as S, and so forth

this alphabetization happens on desktop too, but since there's no scroll bar for letters like on iOS, it doesn't bother me as much

please help this would really make a very neurotic person like myself much happier 🙂

1 Reply

Hi there!

This sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Suggested posts