Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double Speed via Bluetooth Entune / Toyota

Double Speed via Bluetooth Entune / Toyota

JUST started having this issue. Using Spotify app ios via Bluetooth (Entune) to my Toyota Sienna. Songs play fine locally but double speed (or faster) with playing via Bluetooth. Restarted phone and uninstalled / reinstalled Spotify to no avail. Please help!
6 Replies

I have to turn bluetooth off/on to remedy this.  Happens almost everytime I turn on the car/music. 

Same here - it happens with all of my apps that use Bluetooth audio - Spotify, NPR One, Google Maps...

if I disable/enable Bluetooth on my phone, it fixes it until next time I start the van...

Duckyfree1/schmack13, do either of you happen to have more than one phone paired to your head unit?

If so, can you try removing the other phones that are paired (leaving only yours) and see if the problem persists?

I only have one device paired. 

I actually forgot about this because it eventually just stopped doing it.  Not sure if it was an Entune update or something else that fixed it. 

I have the same issue in both my cars now - Entune in a Toyota Sienna and an aftermarket Pioneer head unit. My brother in law has the exact same problem. Only way to fix is to disconnect Bluetooth and restart Spotify. Very frustrating process though it doesn't happen all the time. Appears to be random. Please Spotify fix this issue!!

What version firmware is currently running on your head unit (Apps - Setup - General - Software Update - Audio)? My '17 Sienna SE with a build date of 12/16 had 010189, but after I showed a Service Advisor this behavior, the tech updated it to 01018D and the problem seemed to have gone away.

Suggested posts