Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Download counter is frozen

Download counter is frozen

I've got an iPhone 11 Pro, have a premium account, based in the Czech Republic, running the latest version of Spotify available from the App Store.

I had been noticing an glitch where the connection between my airpods and Spotify would stop and drop occasionally. I tried a clean re-install of Spotify and during the download process (about 10,000+ songs), the download counter would not move at all. When I closed down the program and reopened it again, I can see some progress was made, but the counter itself hasn't moved since I re-downloaded the app. I can't tell how fast/slow the downloads are going - I can only see that something has been done when I close the app and re-open. 

Could you please suggest some ways to resolve this so the download counter works in real time?

11 Replies

Hi there @giw5qak34ifyq6qhp6f6,

Thanks for the post.

We've made sure to pass your feedback about the download indicator on to the developer teams. 

In general the Spotify app might stop working properly or become slower if you have a large library with more than 10,000+ items, depending on your device and network connection. It's best you download your playlists one after the other, rather than all together, so you can keep better track of what has been downloaded. 

If you're downloading large amounts of songs, it's best you do it using WiFi and leaving your device to download the content overnight. If the download keeps pausing, try the following:

• Make sure you have enough free space on your phone
  • Try toning down the quality of the downloaded songs. You can adjust this from the in-app Setting.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Running on the iPhone 11 and I started to encounter a similar issue on 14 July. This was working fine before that, both logged into VPN on my mobile and directly to the ISP. I've been online with support over the weekend and I have re-installed, cleared cache, restarted my phone multiple times but to no avail. My downloads work fine on my other devices, i.e. macOS and Windows 11.

I was told that there is now a ticket for my case so hopefully this gets resolved. You being on iPhone 11, albeit pro, could be a pattern perhaps?

I am having the exact problem on my iPhone and iTouch. I also tried to re-install and redownload all the music on my iTouch, with no solution. I tried on my my Macbook PRO and there it all works. It seems to be something that is introduced indeed on the install of the new Spotify App a couple of days ago, exactly as above is mentioned. 

Quite annoying and I hope it will get fixed soon. I used 'offline' playlist for my sports practice.  And all my music is in download 'playlist'.

Thanks ! 

I have the same problem on my iPhone.

it seems to be a software bug with the counter.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts.

In order to investigate this further, can you provide us with additional info on the devices, on which you're experiencing this.

• Device model and current OS version
  • Spotify app version
  • When did this start happening
  • A screenshot of how things look when the downloads freeze

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator

Like I wrote in my original post, I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro. Newest iOS 16.5.1 (c).
Spotify verysion 8.8.52.521.

I don't think the screen shot is going to do you any good. It's literally a frozen download counter (e.g. 962 of 1154 and it stays that way). When I shut the app down, and re-open it, it's now 1129 of 1331 and it doesn't move.

8.8.54.544 Came out a few hours ago and seems to have resolved my issue. Try giving that a go.

I am not sure that it is being pushed yet to the iTouch or iPhone. Will keep an eye out for the new version. Thanks for your comments & feedback. Looks like a very fast reaction from Spotify! would great to have this one fixed

Hey folks,

Thank you for your messages.

@rtpacis, we're glad to know that everything is working fine after the update. As this update may potentially fix the issue, we'd recommend all other users checking if performing a clean reinstall of the app forces the update on the affected devices. In case the version doesn't update, we'd recommend waiting until your device gets it to see if it makes any difference. 

If the issue persists after the update, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Um membro do meu plano familia não consegue baixar as musicas dele o que fazer

Thanks For Share This Blog !!

Suggested posts