Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Downloads” section disappeared 8.4.35

“Downloads” section disappeared 8.4.35

I updated Spotify on my iPhone 7plus to version 8.4.35. I went to go into the Downloads section to browse from the albums I’ve downloaded, and the section is totally gone. It was where playlists, artist etc etc was. 

What gives?

D17047E6-2CB1-4AD5-B905-47B4C9272433.png
6 Replies

It’s now a filter at the top of your music (with the sort options)

This is still inadequate because some items are specific to albums, playlists, etc. Therefore you now need to go to each one, select the download filter, then see what in that section is downloaded. 

There is now no singular location that shows ALL downloads. 

And... is that really a big issue?

Magic_Bananas: Yes it is an issue. The downloads filter you mentioned above was already present on previous versions, but as people already said, it is inadequate for when you want to find all your downloads. The Downloads tab was convenient, so its removal has only made Spotify harder to use for me, with no apparent benefit. Had I known this change would be coming (e.g. via Patch notes), I would not have updated, since the app was working great. As it is, I feel cheated.

I agree.. This is a ridiculous change. Why remove the download folder?...

Please don’t take what I said as me saying “it’s fine, it was useless anyway” as in all honesty, I agree that its removal was most pointless (borderline petty).

And “working great” is subjective; with the way we paying customers are being treated (features removed, requests not considered etc), the ONLY reason I’m staying is that Sony don’t allow Deezer to be streamed via the PS4.

I’m tired of Spotify “developers” doing the opposite to what their job titles dictate.

Suggested posts