Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Driving away from from home while on wifi

Solved!

Driving away from from home while on wifi

Dear,

While I step into my car with the wifi connected and I drive away from home and start the app, it keeps connecting for a while till I reach a decent connection (edge / 3G). In the mean while I can't access my offline music.

Link to old topic: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-loading-in-the-background-when-starting-with-b...

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found out what's the problem, the "main" screen keeps loading but I can switch to my music and just play my music. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

As with @Fred response, Spotify will continue to connect despite the signal, I'll suggest to switch off wifi when you leave your home or wait for it to sway off signal. As the iPhone will always try to maintain a steady connection by itself - and it will keep retrying until it fails.

So given all of the technicalities involved, you can still listen to the music while transitioning from Wifi to 3G except that your music (that is not available offline) might cut off for a while - songs that are on available offline mode will be fine.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Marked as solution

I found out what's the problem, the "main" screen keeps loading but I can switch to my music and just play my music. 

Suggested posts