Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Edit Playlist doesn't highlight current playing track anymore

Edit Playlist doesn't highlight current playing track anymore

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Usually when you would edit a playlist while you are listening to it, the track you currently listening too would be highlighted green so you would find the track immediately to delete it. After an update you don't highlight the track anymore and so it takes a lot of time scrolling through looking for the name of the title.
Since this already was a feature and highlighting is not that complicated it would be great if this could work again.
Furthermore for a feature request somewhere down the line it would really make sense when you listen to a track on a playlist to have the option "delete from playlist xy" directly instead of editing the list and scrolling for the track.

3 Replies

Hey @django81.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

Just to confirm, do you mean that the text of the track should be highlighted in green when playing from a playlist? If so, then this feature should be working normally, and we haven't encountered any issues with it on our end.

Do you mind performing a clean reinstall of the iOS app and seeing if that fixes the issue? If it doesn't, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest.

As for your idea, it's a really good one! We suggest you go here and search to see if such an idea already exists in the Idea Exchange, and if not then you can make one for yourself and get others to vote for it 🙂

Hope that helps! Let us know how you get on - we'll be here in case you need any further help.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I mean the text of the track is not highlighted while it is playing BUT not exactly in the playlist. That works.

1. song in the playlist is playing and highlighted green in it
2. now i want do delete the track from the list. So i click on three dots in the upper right corner and tab „edit“.
3. it now goes in the list editing mode which is basically the list with the minus botton left of every track. Here the track that is playing used to be highlighted green as well. And since every time you edit the list it starts at the beginning again you have to scroll and look carefully for the trackname.

Alternatively I would also use an easier way to delete a track from the list but i donts think there is one which is why I suggested the other feature.

I did reinstall it anyway which didn‘t help. But thats to be expected because we mean different things.

I can confirm that this was working correctly in earlier versions, but alas no longer. Your coders broke it 😞

When you edit a playlist, it should scroll the playlist back to the song that you are editing. Instead it scrolls to the top of the playlist. 

This is a pain in the **bleep**, especially in large playlists as you now have to find the song again.

Please fix!

Suggested posts